Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beyond Flesh and Blood

Your poem turns my heart to puddle,
my eyes to ponds,
and my soul to hugs of essence
beyond flesh and blood.

I want to feel the beat in your hands
and see the glimmer in your eye;
to know your posture before child
and the love you give for little feet that try.

I want to know your effort
and your sigh,
to feel your sweat
when we are high.

Your mind intrigues me, I cannot deny;
your spirit relieves me, of stress like cry.
See what you conjure, these words I do type;
I would say some more, but it would seem like hype.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, this is good! I need to step up my work...

Trée said...

Bel, you can flatter me anytime, anywhere, anyway. :-D

Ms Storm said...

Inspiration, touch, influence, greatest of gifts given, received. Shared. The first four lines are especially beautiful (really, really love those first four lines!) and I have to say that it was incredibly touching to know that you were in the position, puddled, ponded, as those who settle a while on the benches of DT so often are. :-)

Trée said...

To be puddled and ponded is a very nice thing. :-D