Thursday, May 29, 2008

511. beyond



beyond the yolk of sunrise meline
beyond the song of matutinal birds
beyond the whisper of your breath
beyond the quiet of midnight clear
beyond the bridemaid's thought of the morrow
beyond the pain of yesterday's sorrow
beyond the page of word scribed
beyond the dew on twinkling grass
beyond the note of afternoon rain
beyond the warmth of sheets slept two
beyond the lush green of clover deep
beyond the marigold waves of sunset shimmering
beyond the edge of rainbows smooth
beyond the ocean lullaby
beyond the milk of a young mother's teat
beyond the eyes of adoration meet
beyond the worry of thoughts surrendered
beyond the wages of karma rendered
beyond the doorway yet unknown
beyond the path not of stone
beyond the comfort of knitted sweaters
beyond the forgiveness of unmailed letters
beyond skin smooth in innocence
beyond the crevasses of tribulations
beyond the fear of barren wombs
beyond the laughter sought too soon
beyond the infinite blackness in view
beyond the orbs of green and blue
beyond the fire of novas cast
beyond the companion known at last
beyond the niveous mountain snow
beyond the supplication of bended knee
beyond the cup of bitter tea
beyond the echo of judgment called
beyond the obstacles however walled
beyond the concept of you and me
beyond the honey and the bee
beyond the sway in a chorus of trees
beyond the watchet of a witnessing sky
beyond the shoulder on my thigh
beyond the terra under our feet
beyond the amber waves of wheat
beyond the flowers giggling in the breeze
beyond the luxury of our unease
beyond a hand reached in hope
beyond the fingers twined like rope
beyond the bounce of hair curled
beyond the smile on lips unfurled
beyond my heart and yours
beyond the seasons that come in fours
beyond the curtain of our souls
is where I want to walk with you . . .

love,

em

6 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Begs to be read aloud (... ;-)...), onomatopoeic, the repetition and meaning, not least as one reads whom the author is and understands thereby what this, of the single word at the beginning of each line starts each as they continue, with a soft breathlessness. Velvet beauty, as the images(lines) are taken in and joined by the next, it becomes more and more dreamlike. Absolutely lovely piece of writing, I got shivers as I got to Shimmering and they didn't stop still, maybe they never will. :-) Em and Trev are like the dawn, full of hope and promise and gladness, bless their hearts.
You're one of my painters, :-), more on that later, x

Trée said...

Sweetest, always a pleasure to see you stopping by. I feel as if I'm sitting in an old pub, in Wales, by the sea, just jotting notes and thoughts with pen and paper, a cold pint half imbibed, and the door opens and there you are, coat and hat, eyes wide, still wound from the day, and then you smile and I smile and we know we are going to take a long walk down the literary path of this glorious story. Come have a seat. :-)

j said...

Tree, I think that you could take each line and tell a specific meaning or inspiration for it...that these random sentences hold a secret significance in your life. It would be interesting to know what you are thinking or what is going on in your life when you write like this. It is like being told a secret, that I am not able to understand. And something about the way it is written personlizes it more toward YOU than Em and Trev.

A cool chapter indeed!

Jen

Trée said...

Jen, no real secrets embedded in this chapter, the story is fiction after all. ;-)

The idea for the series of "beyond" statements is taken from an advert done some time ago for a Norwegian cruise line. I liked the idea so much, I felt it would be a great way for Em to return the favor to Trev, for her to talk of the things important to her (which is why we see so many references to nature, letters unmailed, etc.)

As Rainer Maria Rilke said, and I paraphrase very roughly, love is two deep solitudes coming together. There are the things we think of when we try to conceptualize love and then there is love that stands just beyond the conceptualization, in a place beyond words or ideas or thoughts. Em knows this. In her way of saying she loves Trev, that she wants to walk with him in that solitude just beyond, she penned this note. And with chocolate eyes . . . :-D

j said...

Then you are just so "beyond" talented to pull that from your mind and not your heart.

Anything that I have ever written, that I truly liked, was inspired from some degree of real life experience. I cannot imagine pulling such emotion from the top of my head! As always, I admire your writing skills.

Jen

Trée said...

Jen, I wouldn't go that far. When I write a chapter like this in first person, I try and put myself into the character, try to imagine what they are thinking, feeling, wanting. The 'beyond' format is not all that difficult. Try it sometime. My main goal was to do right by Em. I hope she liked it. :-)