Sunday, April 01, 2007

261. My Dear Chatelaine


Mairi: +Hey, can you hear me?+

Dr. X: +Aah, my dear chatelaine, I thought you had forsaken me. Please accept my not quite so humble apologies.+

Mairi: +Sorry. We’ve had a bit of drama. Besides, you know they won’t let me see you. Just getting close enough to tickle your immeasurable neurons has been a challenge.+

Dr. X: +I know. Won’t let me see anyone. Such primitive tactics would amuse me if they weren’t so sad and pathetic. You would think they had forgotten I can surf, at will, the dull waves of their backward pea-sized brains. Quite boring really. The dullards seem not to have an original thought between the lot of them. Then again, perhaps that’s their plan. Torture me with boredom. Now you, my dear, well, you stimulate me in ways I’ve never imagined.+

Mairi: +The feeling is mutual my good doctor. You’ve opened doors I never knew existed, doors never far from my mind, not to mention a few other parts.+

Dr. X: +Tell me about this drama. I sense on the edge of your wicked mind, opportunity.+

Mairi: +Could be. I still feel as a child with these new abilities but I can’t help my mind returning again and again to you and Yul. Dreams and visions, the two of you, not clear, yet, how do I say it, almost destined.+

Dr. X: +The drama, dear chatelaine?+

Mairi: +Oh, yes. Yul has a terminal disease, so say the doctors here. Her condition is worsening and they plan to operate in the next couple days. Seems they still feel at a lost as to what good they can do. I feel the procedure could be nothing more than a live autopsy.+

Dr. X: +I see. Have you seen her charts?+

Mairi: +No. Why do you ask?+

Dr. X: +Request the charts. All of them. If they say no. Demand them and demand a detailed explanation. They’ll relent, trust me. Now, very important, keep your eyes on each chart, making sure you read every line, every detail. And have them explain everything twice.+

Mairi: +I’m not a doctor. Won’t know the first thing about what I’m seeing.+

Dr. X: +But I am my dear.+

Mairi: +Oh.+

Categories: Story, Dr. X, Mairi, Paintings

21 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

:-)

That's some image! Not sure what I had imagined Dr X to look like, but I certainly never imagined anything like this. Wow just about suffices.

Shock, horror. Well, at first at least, that Mairi and the doctor are still in contact let alone seemingly on good terms. This chapter is very much a door just swinging open and what lies within this story line time will tell. Those little hints are nice though, but the chapter in itself is more than enough to stir great intrigue.
I've said it a million times and not enough, it is downright spine-tingling how you contrive new storylines to play out one after another and yet all tied together so perfectly.

Another excellent chapter. No surprise there. :-)

Happy Sunday, xo

Trée said...

Well Sweetest, your kind words, as always, are so very much appreciated.

If you click on Dr. X's label, you will see the original fractal that brought the good doctor to life. I've tried to maintain the same hues and somewhat of the same look. Expect another sketch of the doc sometime again. I love the idea of what he could look like and if you compare him to Taren, they look close enough to be of the same species.

As for Mairi, expect lots of surprises. :-D

Off to ride my bike, take C to a late lunch and then a movie. See you in a bit. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Have fun! :-)

Dzeni said...

Intriguing chapter. Raises the question, who is using who?? Brilliant stuff (as usual).

Magdalene-Sophie said...

hi! :)
mmmmm

..this reminds me of ... ancient times for some reason.
must be because of the picture.
i agree with storm, "shock, horror" but my shock is for the picture :P

Trée said...

Thanks Jenni. I don't really know the answer to that question yet, but like most of these situations, both parties feel they are getting a fair trade so to speak. We'll learn more in time as to why Mairi might feel this is a good relationship for her. Dr. X, at the moment, just wants out of jail. :-)

Trée said...

Meg, this was an extreme speed painting, and I'm sure it shows too. :-D

I wrote the chapter and then decided I really didn't like any of the images I had and was in the mood to get my tablet out and use Painter. I just wanted something really quick and really fast that would represent, somewhat, Dr. X. This sketch may or may not be a really good representation of the good doctor. Time will tell. :-)

I would say that Dr. X image lies somewhere between this sketch on the one hand and the original fractal that gave him life. I think the actual good doctor is just a little more attractive than this sketch gives him credit. ;-)

Trée said...

Sunshine, we had a great time. Saw the movie 300 and had dinner at his favorite restaurant. Just me and the boy. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Mr. Bean's Holiday and Mickey D (what they choose when given the option *sigh*;) for the girls and I today. :-) Glad you had a good time!
Happy Monday, x

Oliviah said...

That image of Dr.X is good...seeing that and then reading made me imagine more intensely the sound of his voice. Very nice. And very intriguing. So Mairi and the Dr. communicate after her experiences with him. I can hardly wait to find out why, to find out more, this was an unexpected turn of events (in my mind). So he may very well "fix" Yul...I'm on the edge of my seat--I was about to go to sleep but this chapter woke me wide awake! Totally grabbed my attention.

More please! :)

Trée said...

My dear Beautiful Soul, I too am intrigued by this relationship and in particular, why he is calling her "chatelaine," which I believe is a clue to a part of Mairi's past we know nothing about.

As always, your kind and sweet comments are deeply appreciated. :-)

Stargazer said...

I do like the Dr. X image, and his character. As Jenni said, Who's using who?

I'm sure this will unfold into something quite interesting ;)

Trée said...

Thanks Deb. I've picked up Painter again and it is not like riding a bike--LOL! That's not to say I ever had a handle on the program, but I almost feel like I'm starting all over. Your kind words are most appreciated. As for Mairi and Dr. X, well, I think they share a mutual passion and I'll leave it at that. :-D

Cazzie!!! said...

Chatelaine...lovely name!! Interesting dialogue.

Magdalene-Sophie said...

AHAHAHA, the actual doctor is a little more attractive, huh ;)

i think this is the first time where i visited your blog to find no new post up yet :)

happy Easter! do you celebrate?:)

Trée said...

Happy Easter to you too Meg. :-)

Trée said...

Cazzie, :-)

Oliviah said...

Just looked in trebuchet, that was a quite a treat. :) Now back in here again and I must say, I am very fascinated with this image of Dr.X. It makes my imagination run wild, all the way back to when Mairi was in his clutches...remembering what I thought his voice would sound like back then--and now with the image, it made what I imaged his voice would sound like even more like what I imagined it would sound like. (That sounded funny!) And I'm still wondering...is Mairi manipulating the one who can read every part of anyone's mind? Because if anyone could, it would be Mairi. Yes, I am really caught up in this chapter! ;)

My memory must be improving! I remembered Mairi and the Dr. Or--perhaps your story is so riveting it is not possible to forget! lol! Either way, I love it!

hugs and smooches

Trée said...

Oliviah, have I told you lately how much you make me smile? Your comments are so warm and wonderful and sincere that I just want to wrap them around me like a blanket and snuggle in for the evening without a care in the world. Thank you my dear Beautiful Soul. :-)

Jack B. said...

Dr. X looks like he would fit in at the Star Wars cantina.

Trée said...

Jack, hadn't thought of that but I think you're right. :-D