Sunday, December 10, 2006

208. Something Wicked This Way Comes

Goldie hummed into Kyra’s pristine quarters with Yul in tow. She looked a little uptight, just a little odd, as she usually did whenever she visited Kyra. The room was always so clean, everything always in its place and her taste, although a bit sterile for Yul, was, as she would say, museum impeccable. All of it, a world alien, and for Yul, a world just this side of stuffy. Breathing, she would say, became a conscious affair, as if the air was somehow thicker, although if truth be known, the room simply represented everything she was not.

Kyra stood to greet the pair. “Thanks so much for coming over. Can I get you anything? Something to drink? Goldie, make some fresh snizzle.”

Yul smiled to herself. Seeing Kyra uncomfortable, even nervous was a rare event. To say she did not derive some pleasure from the awkwardness would have been less than true; to say it greased her machination, well, there was nothing false in that. “No problem. What’s up? Oh, Goldie, I’ll take two drachms of snoot in mine. Wait, make it three. I think I deserve three. What do you think Kyra?”

“Three it is. Goldie, I’ll take mine the usual way.”

“Yes Ms Kyra.”

Yul tilted her head and tucked her chin, twirled her hair and put on the saddest face she could. “Join me Kyra.” Before she could say no, Yul added. “Just one drachm, for old time’s sake, for me, a toast to new beginnings.”

Kyra hesitated and Yul widened her eyes like a puppy wanting to be petted. “Okay, Goldie, one drachm. No more.” Yul smiled.

“Yul I do need your help but that can wait.” Kyra reached out, placing her perfectly manicured fingers on Yul’s shoulders. “How are you?”

Yul choked back the urge to say frail you. No need, she thought, in making her job any harder. “Under the circumstances, I’d say I’m doing just fine. Thanks for asking.”

Kyra looked for some sign, some indication but Yul was unreadable. She might as well been Mona Lisa. “Grab a seat. Do you realize we’ve been on Bravo just over a year now?”

“Hadn’t really thought about it. Has it really been that long?”

“Yeah, it has. Time flies when you’re having fun.”

Yeah, suppose it does.”

“So, how is Rog?”

“Don’t really know. Haven’t seen him around much.”

“I see.”

“I hear you are having dinner with John tonight.”

Yeah. How’d you hear that?”

“Em told me. Just a couple minutes ago. Bumped into her on the way over here.”

“Em?” Kyra laughed. “Seems whatever I tell Goldie goes straight to Pinky.”

“I suppose.”

“Yul, not to change the subject, but I didn’t exactly invite you over here to make small talk. I’m concerned about you.”

“Really?” winked Yul. “If you had I’d be concerned, the small talk that is. Kyra, look, I appreciate your concern. But I’m fine.”

“You sure?”

“Well, let me check. Yep. I’m fine. Just,” Yul caught herself, “just fine. Thanks for asking.”

“If you weren’t fine, who would you tell?”

“Well, I do have a little gift from Rog that helps me from time to time. Listens real well if you know what I mean.”

“I’m serious Yul” said Kyra, shaking her head, unable to suppress a smile. “You’re not talking to Rog. You and Em aren’t exactly two peas in a pod at moment. Trev, well, can’t see you ever confiding in him. Von’s not your speed. Mairi’s not here. So if things were not good, who would you tell?”

“Are you trying to make me feel better?

“I’m trying to get you to open up.”

“Then tell Goldie to hurry up with that snizzle, snapped Yul.”

“Yul, maybe it’s none of my business, but right now, the way it looks to me, I’m about all you’ve frailing got. Now, either you’re going to put that tough hide of yours aside and let me in, or you’re going to suffer alone, and I do mean alone because you’ve about pissed off everyone on this ship.”

Yul stood up, whether to smack Kyra or leave she wasn’t sure, but the thought of doing both crossed her mind. “Look, I didn’t mean to snap at you. I’m doing fine, I really am. And I promise you, if I’m not, you’ll be the first to know. Goldie? Where are you?”

“On my way Ms Yul.”

Kyra didn’t believe a word Yul had just uttered. For the first time she let her guard down and Kyra saw two things. She was lying through her teeth and she wasn’t about to open up tonight. “Thanks Yul, that’s all I ask. Now, about tonight, this dinner, I’ve got about an hour to get ready. Do you think you can help me?”

“Hey, that’s what I’m here for. Let’s get started.” Goldie appeared, tray extended with two onyx cups. “Grasping her cup with nimble fingers, Yul lifted it toward Kyra. “A toast. To new beginnings. To tonight.”

“Yes, to new beginning.” Cups lifted and the toast christened with open eyes. “Now, Goldie, could you bring the dresses I was looking at before Yul got here?”

“Yes, Ms Kyra, right away.”

“Yul, I’ve narrowed it down to three options.” Kyra walked over to where Goldie hovered and placed the first dress in front of her. It was a fabulous golden silk evening gown, pleated across the breasts and down the slides. Kyra’s jet black hair looked queen-like against the refulgent gold. “What do you think?”

“Oh my. Looks fab darling, but I’m not sure those pleats really do you justice. Accentuate the positive, not cover it up is what I say. What else you got?”

Kyra took the next selection, a dark blue sequined number from Goldie and modeled it. The blue sequins sparkled like so many stars in the sky and matched Kyra’s eyes perfectly. “How ‘bout this one,” smiled Kyra, hoping Yul would like this one since it was her first choice.

“Sweetie, I can’t imagine you’d look bad in anything but you didn’t call me over here to blow smoke.” Kyra frowned. “If this was a business meeting, I’d say go far it. Formal dinner where you want to make an impression, leave this one at home. Looks a little too cold, a little too professional.”

“Okay. Goldie, hand me that third option.” As soon as Yul saw the red ruby metalique gown she knew that was the one. Hellocks, it was the one she would have chosen.

“Try it on,” said Yul. Kyra did. Each narrow breast plate accented Kyra’s firm amplitude in a way that simply couldn’t be ignored. The crimson plates curved like half moons, holding her breasts in place without hiding the valley of her creamy seduction. Hell, Yul thought, I’d like to run my hands over those delicate swells of joy, to see them grow blue, to feel them respond to touch and breath as waves rising on a warm sea. And the interlocking ruby chain links that formed the skirt had such a glimmering sultriness, such an allure as to make one look twice as to what was gown and what was leg. It moved with the glittering alacrity of a shoal of pelagic fish. “It’s perfect Kyra. This is the one, no frailing doubt in my mind.”

Yul didn’t have to dissimulate. In fact, she was stunned. She had never seen Kyra look so sexy—ever. How John was going to react, well, if he had a pair, the boys would be bouncing like ping pong balls in a lottery. “Come grab a seat over here Kyra. I want you to see what I see in the mirror. By the way, do you have a shawl or jacket to go with this dress?”

“I do. Goldie, would you do the honor?”

“I’ll take that Goldie,” interjected Yul. “Now sit down Kyra.”

Kyra sat on the stool in front of her mirror and Yul stood behind her. Taking the shawl from Goldie, Yul turned. Concealed in the lower sleeve of her jacket was one vial. Quickly, she placed a couple drops on the neck of the shawl and a couple more drops on her fingers. Turning to face Kyra, she placed the shawl around her neck, making sure the drops rubbed against the back of her neck. As if to display how beautiful Kyra was, Yul let her vial covered fingers trace along Kyra’s neck and along her jaw, tracing with a flourish back to Kyra’s lobes and pinching them as it to say, we need something here.

“Oh, I’ve got the perfect earrings to go with this dress said Kyra, too absorbed in how she looked to notice that anything was out of the ordinary. The vial, as Yul knew, would work fast. Since she had it on her fingers, she would know, almost to the second when it would start to affect Kyra, which by her calculation was only minutes, if that, away.

“Let’s see them Kyra. Oh my, do you mind if I do the honors?”

“Please do Yul.”

Yul secured first the right earring, and then the left. Her own head started to feel light and that familiar tingle between her legs told her the vial was working, very well actually as her fingers lingered a little longer on Kyra’s neck than necessary.

“You look magnificent my dear. Just absolutely stunning, as sexy as I’ve ever seen you.” Yul wasn’t lying now. Kyra did look stunning, with or without the vial, Yul couldn’t take her eyes off just how beautiful she looked.

“You really think so?”

“Abso-frailing-lutely!” exclaimed Yul. “If the boy is wearing any socks, he won’t be for long after seeing you in this dress.”

“Well, that’s not exactly what I had in mind for tonight,” said Kyra, less certain if she meant the words she just heard slipping from her lips. Such an odd sensation she thought but before she could follow it Yul interjected.

“Maybe so but haven’t you heard?”

“Heard what?”

“Word is, our boy John has eyes for you.” Yul slowed her diction on the “for you,” letting the words hang in the air as if they needed space to be fully absorbed and understood.

“He’s a happily married man Yul, don’t be silly. This is how rumors start.” Kyra felt as if someone else was speaking for her. Her mouth was moving, and it sounded like her voice and that was her image in the mirror, but there was a warmness in the words Yul had spoken that she just wanted to swim in.

Yul leaned over, her hands on the back of Kyra shoulders as she placed her lips right next to Kyra’s right ear. Her warm breath washed over her lobe as she whispered. “I have it on pretty good authority the boy is not all he pretends to be. Oh, I have no doubt he loves Cait, but Cait ain’t here on this vessel, and it’s been awhile, if you know what I mean.”

Normally, Kyra would have put an end to this kind of talk. That she didn’t told Yul the vial was working. “He wants you Kyra.” Yul let her tongue lightly touch Kyra’s ear. Withdrawing her tongue, she bit her lip, trying to stay focused. “And rumor has it, he doesn’t disappoint.”

“What are you talking about?” Kyra’s tone seemed more curious than scolding.

“I’ve been having dreams Kyra. Dreams about John. Very vivid dreams. A little too vivid, if you know what I mean.”

“Are you telling me—“

“Remember the quilling?”

“Yeah.”

“And the exam John performed on Emy and myself afterward?”

“Yes, what of it?”

“John confided in me later that the exam was a very through one. In fact, he said my exam was much more detailed and inclusive than Emy’s.”

“And?”

“I was unconscious during those exams. But you know, the mind records everything, whether you are conscious or not and I’ve got to tell you Kyra, those dreams didn’t come out of thin air.”

Kyra’s face became flush, matching the hue of her dress. Yul continued as she rubbed Kyra’s shoulders making sure every last drachm of vial found its way to her skin. “The pleasure. I can’t begin to tell you what that man is capable of. I thought Rog was good, but next to John, Rog is pure school boy in the back of his dad’s hopper fumbling his way with stone fingers.”

Kyra sat as if hypnotized. She felt a stirring of lust she had not felt since she had been on Bravo. The feelings for Kieran were love. These feelings, this energy, was of an entirely different order. Her whole body felt on fire and Yul’s words were just so much dry kindling thrown on the blaze. Yul continued to weave, in not less than detail intimate, not sure how much for her benefit and how much to forward her wickedness. And Kyra let her. The smell of desire, the moistness of need, filled the air.

“Ms Kyra,” said Goldie, “John’s staff say they are expecting you. What should I tell them?”

“Oh Goldie. Uhm, tell them I’m on my way.” Kyra stood up, straightened her dress before looking over herself in the mirror one last time. “You know I’m not that kind of hynerian,” she said to Yul.

“I know you aren’t.” winked Yul. “Go have fun and you can tell me all about it tomorrow afternoon.”

Kyra cocked her head and raised her brow trying her best to hold back a giggle. “Got to run Yul.”

“Oh, Kyra. One last thing.”

“Yes?”

“Happy Birthday.”

Categories: Story, Kyra, Yul, Goldie

54 comments:

Trée said...

Chronologically speaking, this is the chapter that directly precedes "Grace and Beauty."

Autumn Storm said...

A completely mesmorizing chapter! It's no surprise that it was extremely well written, a gentle ebb and flow of a chapter rather than action packed, it drew and held. We see your characters from all angles, from people close to them, observed by those just getting acquainted and from inside the characters themselves, be it clear or unclear, this is part of how it is they become so vivid and interesting. I wouldn't like to say one is more intriguing than another, this just isn't the case, but right now, where the story stands, Yul occupies much space. There are just so many aspects to her character, so much that we still don't know, and what we do evokes such great curiosity and a desire to know much more.
The descriptions of Kyra's dress, how she looked, was pure excellence. It moved with the glittering alacrity of a shoal of pelagic fish. What an abso-frailing-lutely brilliant description!
Concentrating on others, stirring the pot as is the case here, such a clever diversion from thinking about her own situation and the things that have happened recently.
Yes, mesmerized is the word, each part in turn, the writing, the storyline, the characters, the twists, the cliffhangars, and as a whole. As if you didn't know, let it be said one more time, I'm well and truly hooked.

Trée said...

Oh Sunshine, have I told you lately how much I truly love reading your comments? Brilliant engagement, just brilliant.

Not since the window scene with Kyra and Kieran did a chapter appear so vividly in my mind's eye. There were times, when writing this one, I felt I was remembering a scene from a movie. Seeing Kyra in her ruby red metalique dress, jet black hair and porcelain white skin, under the influence of the vial, and Yul standing behind her, knowing what she is doing, what she has done and also under the influence of the vial--well, I can just see that scene in the soft warm light of Kyra's quarters as if it were playing on my TV right now. And that dress. Wow. You find a dress like that and I'm on my way--one way ticket, because I'm sure to die of pleasure from just seeing you in it. :-D The whole gang concurs by the way. Expect an audience, like monkeys. :-D

As for Yul, not sure how it has happened, but she has become the most interesting character in the story at the moment. She is sneaky like that, you see. The story mimics her personality. But you know, I like her wicked side, the side that wants to cause mischief just for the sake of causing mischief. In her current frame of mine, she is nothing less than a loose cannon, and, it seems, Kyra is directly in her line of sight. How much she was influenced by that little encounter with Emy, I'm not sure. I do know, she didn't have the vial when Emy saw her. After the dig, and learning of the birthday, well, she returned, got the vial and hatched her plan. Premeditated, therefore, it was not. Wicked as she can be, she still has a heart of gold, as I think we have seen over time in her relationship with Rog. That she is complex, I like. Good and bad, nice and wicked. Depends on the day or circumstance. And between the sheets, well, I've read "Frail Me" more than once. :-D

As always my dear Sweetest, your words as like golden honey on my tongue. Sweet dreams when you get that far. :-)

Keshi said...

well only u could mesmerise me with such fabulous writing!

Keshi.

Trée said...

Keshi, :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Yeh, yeh, we’re the monkeys, people say we monkey around. There once was a man named Ludi, who got me to do what no other could, and that’s all I’m saying. :-)
You may feel like that before the fact in this case, I feel like that after reading. I’m sure it’s true for all of us, when we are reading a good novel that words turn to pictures. More often than not, your chapters require very little work, which is a good thing in case you were wondering; it is what I mean when I tell you that everything fits so perfectly within the frame of the characters. The dialogue especially, and the events that are unfolding, turn themselves effortlessly to images that play out as one reads.
Yul was interesting from the get-go, I loved her feisty nature from day one, she and Rog were the perfect for one another, their verbal jousting and their physical communication was spirited and fast and full-on, thrilling in other words. And yet long before the bathroom scene there was a sense of underlying devotion, trust and comfort, I guess more than anything. This is what let’s me believe (wishful thinking perhaps, but I’ll deal with the break-up if and when there is no going back;) that Rog will, ultimately, pitch their time together and what he saw in her against what he now knows and realize there is truth in both and that they, life before Bravo and life after, can be reconciled as just Yul. Whom he loves, still. That said, no doubt there’s more to what Yul did to get on Bravo than I could ever envisage.
Mesmerizing was the word, and I should add to that that there were two facets of this chapter that made it so. The first was from the outside looking in on Yul, from Kyra too, knowing in part, guessing mostly what might be going on behind the bravado. Kyra walked in on Yul naked, so to speak, and now they are faced with a situation where they are seeing each with new (eyes) knowledge. What I liked about that part is, it was mostly Kyra you spoke of, directly, in regards to feeling uncomfortable. The second was the working of the vial and the scene in front of the mirror. It was so very vivid, precisely what I said above about it being described so well, the pictures that each word formed in turn brought it to life. I half suspect the vapours were jumping off the page. :-)

Once again, I neglected the fractal, and I really don't mean to. As I've said to you before, never has the word beautiful seemed so overused. :-) It may be a different version of one that went before, in any case, even rotated, it still shows me a woman diving (beautiful lines she has too), and with those phychedelic colours in a haze, well whether my interpretation ties in with yours or not :-), it's perfect for this chapter.

See, this is what happens when you say such nice things in response, I take it as permission to go on and on and on. :-D

Sweet dreams, x

Trée said...

Dearest Sunshine, you can babble all you want, in fact, babbling about the story is encouraged and appreciated. So babble like a spring brook fed by winter snow, released by a warming sun to frolic down the mountain with sounds sublime in peace and harmony. See what I can write when the monkeys are still sans coffee. :-D

I love Yul for all she is and all she is not. There is confidence in who she is but at the same time a longing that sits deep inside of her that knows what she is not and wonders. I love the passion she feels, whether for Rog or to protect Bravo or to be included and accepted as a contributing member of the crew. I love the way she wears her sexuality on her sleeve, not afraid to pull the tool out when she feels the need, and I absolutely love her lack of inhibitions. Sultry is the word I think of when I think of Yul, but sultry with a hard edge and a soft heart. :-D

There is still much mystery in my mind about her past and she has not told me everything yet. I am privy as to who was suppose to be on Bravo, the person who's place she took and the story behind that. It is, I must say, both heartbreaking and uplifting in equal measure and one day, when she says it is okay, I will tell Yul's "dock story," which, if you can believe it, is more dramatic that all the rest. Be prepared to fall into a deeper level of love for Yul and her situation and that is all I'm going to say about that right now. Well, I'll also say, Rog has, to some degree, misinterpreted the note she left behind--which parts, I won't say, but things, as in life, are not always what they seem, and Yul feels and will feel the sting of being misunderstand, although a big part of that is she is not always completely forthcoming about her past, and the note, which she doesn't remember, was written under extreme distress.

I too really liked taking the characters to a play where they are under the influence of the vial. It gives me a chance to explore parts of their personality, especially someone like Kyra who is pretty tight laced, that we would normally not see from the outside. The vial, as you might remember, and as you alluded to in your comment, unlike other intoxicants, enhances certain desires and augments the imagination while heightening various nerve endings. It is a most curious drug, and in time, if not already, we will see why it was deemed illegal. How Yul gets her hands on all this illegal stuff is another chapter somewhere down the road.

Well, time to get some coffee. Hope you are having a day filled with wonder. I did try to get you moving this morning. Hope it wasn't all too much too early. :-D

Autumn Storm said...

:-D

Good morning, poppet, and a happy Monday to you - hope you have a lovely day ahead, x

More babble later. :-)

Anonymous said...

Just enjoyed the fantastic
commentary here if i may say so
:)

wonderful image again!

Reminds me of colored
hot glass being blown into lovely shapes.

and am surprised to see you mention
"In the Tao Universe"!!
cause am struggling to incorporate these
Simplicity-Patience-Compassion

Just a regular anon

Trée said...

Afternoon Sunshine. Bring on all the babble you got. :-D

Trée said...

Hello Anon. So glad you are enjoying the commentary. Sometimes I think the commentary is more interesting than the story, or perhaps I should say, sometimes I think the story is just a prop to allow us to comment in much more detail as to what is going on. I'd like to think of it as an interactive story, one in which the written prose is just a starting point and that the real story and insight happens in the commentary. :-D

As for the Zing Tao "universe," this refers to the organization that Papa was a part of on Hyneria and the beliefs they held for peace and non-peace related activities. Many of the chapters with Zeke/Papa point to bits and pieces of this philosophy, and I've introduced "The Folio" for just that purpose, if I so choose to spend more time on Zeke/Papa's time as a Zing Tao. Their beliefs, by the way, bear a strange resemblance to an odd syncretism of Buddhist/Tao belief, with more emphasis on Buddhist teaching since I know it better than Tao. Imagine that. ;-)

Thanks as always on reading and commenting. :-)

Trée said...

Anon, by the way, I have a mirror site for the story on WordPress. Look on my sidebar under the "Links" label and you will see it. There is additional detailed commentary taking place there, if that sort of detailed involvement in the characters and the story and what is happening behind the scenes appeals to you.

Before you ask, I created the WordPress site to have a backup for the Story and to be able to try out different templates, just to dress up the story in different clothes so to speak. On average, I change the template over there once every other day, so how it looks today may not be how it looks tomorrow. I don't think I could do that with my main site, so I do it over there. The commentary is rather involved and detailed and you are welcome to contribute there as well as here if you like. :-)

Oh, and the chapters and images are exactly the same as you see here, only the commentary and template are different. And if Blogger is ever down, you can always go to the WordPress site to read the story and comment (assuming of course that it is up and running too).

Trée said...

Meg, I flew under the radar this weekend. Besides, the kind of trouble I'm likely to be involved in is very hush hush and rarely, if ever, makes the headlines--and I like it that way. :-D

I think this part of the story, especially the "Grace and Beauty" chapter, is much more powerful when told out of order. I think if I were to publish "G&B" now, just after this one, I just don't think it would have been quite as captivating as it was coming somewhat out of the blue, with Kyra and John acting out of character as we know them to date. Of course, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :-D

As always, thanks for the very kind words. So sorry I missed you on Friday. I could have used a little diversionary teasing. ;-)

Trée said...

Steve, that is good too--sometimes the images get lost in the story so I do appreciate those kind words. Thanks for the compliment.

Trée said...

Meg, I know exactly what you mean, and believe me, I'll take Friday teasing over Monday teasing any day. Besides, it's MNF day and teasing only gets in the way of a man's focus--I think that is man law but I could be wrong. :-D

But hey, bring a few longnecks and some chips. I'll let you in the back door. And, there is always halftime. :-D

Trée said...

Meg, I can live with those terms. I like a woman who knows what she wants and is willing to take charge. Do you own any leather? Just asking. :-D

Trée said...

No, but I really wanted to savor seeing you say yes. :-D

As for winning or losing, all I see is win/win no matter how I slice it.

As for tonight, I haven't seen the point spread, but I would take St Louis with whatever points are offered. I have a feeling Rex could have a melt down under the pressure of primetime (I've never seen a starting QB whose confidence was as shot to hell as his is right now).

Then again, there is a reason I'm not rich, so if Rex has the game of the year, I wouldn't be surprised. :-D

Trée said...

Oh the crop. I had completely assumed there would be a crop, so I'm glad you mentioned it and we're on the same page. Speaking of which, well, maybe better not on this public forum. Remind me to tell you about a certain "crop thing" later. :-D

Trée said...

Meg, I do believe you truly understand the heart and soul of MNF and the true inner workings of the male brain. Consider it done. See you at halftime, in the kitchen, on the table, a heavy and sturdy solid oak table by the way. :-D

Keshi said...

:)

Keshi.

Stargazer said...

wonderful description, as usual
:-)

ChickyBabe said...

I am captivated by the image. It reminds me of childhood, innocence, and blowing bubbles that float away in a kaleidoscope of colours...

Trée said...

Thank you Deb. :-)

Trée said...

Chicky, I hadn't thought of that image, but it fits. Now, do you see the mermaid in the middle, diving into the ocean? Or is that just the little boy in me. :-D

Karen said...

That was interesting; I wondered what Yul was up to. It seems to be Yul that is in love with Kyra, not John. Did Yul mean for more to happen with Kyra or to see how far things would go?

Trée said...

Hey Karen, always good to see you. Yul is a very interesting and complex character who does not fit into a neat little box. In this scene, we see her pain more than anything else. He hurts from so much of late (terminal disease, suicide attempt, alienation from Rog, etc.) her only reaction is to strike out, to inflict pain on another, so she sets Kyra up to do some very un-Kyra like things by putting her under the influence of the vial (since she knows from Emy that Kyra is having dinner with John). She wants to bring Kyra down to her level, to dirty her reputation in that illogical emotional way that we do when we hurt.

As for her desire for Kyra, and you are not the first to mention this, I will say this. Yul is a sexual being who does not fit the normal labels of sexual behavior that we as "humans" have. Would she make love to Kyra? I think Yul would. Does she desire her--not really, but keep in mind, in this scene, Yul too is under the influence of the vial and so her actions, like Kyra's, are not as they would be otherwise without the vial (the same is true for her feelings for John, and if you remember, her fantasy in "Frail Me" also took place under the influence of the vial). I was asked if Yul was bi-sexual, based on this scene and a few bits from earlier chapters and my answer is a simple, "she's sexual"--period. ;-)

Thanks so much for reading and following the story and I love the questions, which give me insight as to how the story is seen and understood.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is:
1. Defense.
2. Special Teams.

Who cares if you have an emotionally unbalanced QB??

*Sigh* the bears won again....

you fall asleep during halftime?

Meg

Trée said...

Meg, all I can say is the Bears are the luckiest team in Pro football that I have seen in a long time (I still can't believe they won that Cardinal game earlier in the year).

On the other hand, I just keeping thinking I was losing this bet and that you'd be coming through the door at any moment and I was more than willing to settle accounts, even before the game ended. So all was not lost. :-D

Anonymous said...

I WAS THERE!!!

You didn't see me? You didn't hear me? You didn't smell the leather????

Lucky is right - but then again if your coach has a name like Lovey you have to have some kind of luck - LOL

OK - I give up - I can't get this to take my comment any way but annon.

Meg

Trée said...

Meg, was that you? OMG, and I thought I was dreaming. Well now, that explains why I'm so sore this morning. :-D

Anonymous said...

I know, some times its hard to tell what is real and what is fantasy...

It was most enjoyable :)

Trée said...

We'll have to do it again. Soon as I recover that is. :-D

Anonymous said...

Oh - one of those who needs recovery time - OK then, take all the time you need :)

Trée said...

Let me check. Oooh, I think I'm recovered. Yes, in fact, I'm sure of it. Can you bring the crop again?

Anonymous said...

Of course. The crop is one of my favorites...well that and the stilettos and the oil...

Trée said...

Oh Meg, you are going to have to tell me more about the oil. I'm feeling a little lightheaded just thinking about "the oil."

Anonymous said...

I would, except my explanation here might get a little indepth and I don't want to offend anyone :)

Trée said...

Would it be fair to say that in addition to being in depth it could also be hands on? Not that I would argue such a minor point of course. :-D

Anonymous said...

oohhh, most definetly hands (among other things) on....

there - nuff said :)

Kel-Bell said...

Ooooh, That is the PRETTIEST fractal I have ever seen!

THATS what MY heaven will look like!

Trée said...

Oh Kel, you always know how to speak to my heart. :-)

Trée said...

Meg, see me after class. Bring your plaid and don't worry about the crop. I have my own. :-D

Anonymous said...

The swirls of rainbow in a crystal ball. I can almost see a magical future in it.
12 days to Christmas, how's your preparation coming along?

SaffronSaris

Trée said...

Saffy, all my shopping is done. Took care of bidness early this year. How are you coming along?

Anonymous said...

Starting my shopping soon. The goods and service tax is set to raise next year, I hoping to buy most of my stuffs before then.
Now, you can relax and avoid the last minute madness in the malls :)

SaffronSaris
(dang, can't seem to leave comments here with my account again)

Trée said...

All the best to you Saffy in this holiday season. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sweet dreams, when you get that far. :-)

Autumn, x

Trée said...

Keep dry and keep warm Sweetest. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey you, hope you are having a day as fabulous as you are. :-)

Autumn, x

Trée said...

Sunshine, another busy day, but a good busy. I have no complaints. :-D

Anonymous said...

That's what I like to hear. :-)
Say hey to the monkeys for me.

Trée said...

Will do. They will be most pleased. :-)

Trée said...

By the way, no one asked but the music selection for this chapter is "Do You Want to Fight Me" by Venus Hum.

Although the phrase "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is as old as the hills and been used by many over the years, it was included by Annette in this song. In the movie, this is the soundtrack playing during this scene. ;-)

:-)

Autumn Storm said...

I'll come across a particular sentence or have a thought that I simply must share and I will get to comments, and more often than not, I will have said these last 2 months or so after being given babble permission :-D more or less what I wanted to say as I read now.

The chapter Mom came not long before this one. A most amazing and memorable chapter, the idea of such a brooch and to read of the great well of love and the selflessness that allowed Em's father to bestow such a precious gift upon his daughter as she left was as touching, as tearful, as the first time around. One rather interesting sentence therein btw. :-)
What was especially lovely was listening to the wonder in your voice when you spoke of how the chapter came to be, of writing, of the images.