Sunday, February 28, 2010

710. of sight and love and blindfolds

She took the blindfold and secured it tightly behind his head. I want you to know me as I know you, to know me by touch and smell, to travel my contours with fingers and tongue, to know your way as only the blind know the landscape beyond sight.

He sighed. She kissed him on the back of his neck, gently removed his shirt and let her fingers flow as water down his chest.

(for those new to the story, Em lost her sight in a rather bizarre accident. She regained her sight some months later with rather exotic oculars, which she can wear like contact lenses, or take them out and return to the world beyond sight)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly talented keep it up.Can I buy the stories?Please let me know Im one of your friends on facebook

Trée said...

Anon, thanks for the very kind words. All my work is published on this blog, over a quarter million words and best of all, it is free of charge to anyone willing to read from the archives. Hope you enjoy your stay. The light is always on. :-)

And if you have questions, feel free to ask. :-)

Autumn said...

The image is a spectacular journey, I truly appreciate having the experience.

Em and Trev, always the most charming company. Besides, blindfolds call, always have.
The post, image and words, are as appetizers, and I mean that in the best possible way, delicious, incredibly rousing. Very nice work, as always.

Lady of the Lakes said...

There is something very powerful in a touch, especially to the blind. I often have wondered abot the sensitivity of the blinds fingers. In that touch. Growing up, my best friends mother was a teacher at the school for the blind. I often remember her books...braille, and wondering how in the world people couild decipher all those dots. I still wonder. But, to be on the other side of the touch, to have someone touch you, as they do, you know they are making a memory, sigh. I can remember being touched and touching. Thanks for reminding me of some times gone by.

So glad to see you writing again!!!

The image is gorgeous, I wonder what it feels like.

My thoughts and prayers remain.

Love Always

MWAH

TIGHT HUGS

XOXOXOXOXO

hhHH