Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Misc Scribbles

When you enter the room, my face turns as the sunflower turns. And from my eyes the dew of forgiveness, the forgiveness of not believing, of not believing a soul such as my own, could upon this day, be held by the eye alone.

In the morning, under the oaks I sit, clothed in sunlight, the smile of you still in my hair. And the acorn to remind me of where we clock in the arc of our union.

Does the wind in a curtain not wish it were a river? Do you not animate me to dream as once I did, as once I wish again? And to where, pray tell, my eyes are open, is there more power than that? To take the hand of a child, for are we all not children?

I died in a field of lavender, your words as water, drowning everything I thought I knew.

Blood for ink flows upon this parchment, not letters and words, not even of where forth I know, such the depth of what I can no longer contain.

Nary a wind could whisper as sweet as your honeysuckle lips.

8 comments:

Leslie Morgan said...

I didn't get the memo about a high hormonal system coming through, but you've made me cry a couple of days in a row. Today: "I died in a field of lavender, your words as water, drowning everything I thought I knew." Yike. Thank you, again.

Trée said...

Oh Limes, you always know just what to say to make me smile. Thank you. :-)

Autumn said...

I'm already so in awe, so touched, from the post above, I don't even feel solid anymore, I feel like liquid, soft, melting, lost within. Marshmellowed beyond hope of return and so I know before beginning, I'll only be capable of saturating your comments boxes with patchworked wows.
Heart crooning with rapture, soul quivering with delight, mind frolocking in exhilaration, eyes shining with enchantment, lips rising in embrace. Imagine being able to write words that evoke such response in the reader. With every post you write, this is what you do. Were it the first thing done each morning and the last thing at night, to read just one of these seductively expressive sentences, life would be spent intoxicated with the beauty of creation, yours.

Trée said...

Sweetest, you must leave some room for dessert. :-D

S. said...

You must have kissed me just now, for surely the scent of lavender is wafting through my room, my lips left wet, with a want for more...

Trée said...

More is coming . . . September 18. Bright Star. Much of what has been written here was inspired by the trailer for the movie. Or my still images from the movie.

Was it good? The kiss. Did it leave you wanting more? Needing more. Drawn like a bee to the flower?

S. said...

Like a butterfly to the bloom...

Trée said...

Yes. Like a butterfly.