Friday, November 16, 2007

377. This Place is No Place


Jeweled warts glistened upon a worn face of lamellar scales. Taboodja, of eye aubergine, had a plan. Frail John. That was the plan. Simple. Few moving parts. Little to complicate. Just frail the golden boy. Payback was a damn sweet motherfrailing slit of a bitch worn loose from wear. The thought of frailing John, prostrated before heathens and heaven alike, in his cold sphinctered tight arse, a public frailing, before the jaded and bejeweled split-tails, delighted his diseased imagination like warm rancid milk in a goat's bowl.

Tabood stood and measured his leathered tumidity with satisfaction. Looking about, the kaleidoscope of debauchery drifted before his dull eyes, whores and more whores, dancing as hips upon mirrored glass, money sucking sluts with painted smiles, bodies on autopilot, minds long since jettisoned. The lude smell of obscura drifted in the air, poor grade mixed with home brewed. Lights gaudy, stacked like a bad dream, beamed, flashed and buzzed ware and trade in the eternal night of moon life. Drum ribbed children slumped and scattered under weight not seen, their smiles stolen in the wicked commerce, laid bare upon days without end, of tunnels alight with the grin of a soulless master, black of heart, whip of hand; the doors of their souls locked, the windows of their eyes blackened by the faint hand of hope.


Work the rock. Work the hard place. Make the deal. Play the game. Party of the first part dead. Party of the second part desperate. Work it lubeless, work it with jagged rusted prejudice. Into the neon night Tabood smiled in yellow fangs foul with yesterday's substance, pores blistering with milky teeming pus, rank of smell like three day butchered meat.

Tabood picked his neglected nails, spitting refuse as chaff. He had the time of one with all the cards, the visage of a plan weighed and sorted and sorted and weighed. Snorting through his moist purple snout, casting virus-born phlegm upon the dirty silver metal planking, he hacked up a vile custard of hue chartreuse, wiped clean with the back of his golden burnished scaled hand.

John looked at Von quiet as church before those of bended back and crooked knee arrive. "Tighten your shiott."

Leather strained by din of hand prepared. Weapons, cold cocked, ready to frail the shiott out of innocent and guilty alike. Fear confessed, now or later, before no bean frailing counter. "Shiott secured," said Von.

"There is nothing here worth the weighing if weighing deign upon the moment. This place is no place."

"I see what needs not what wants."

John stopped, the circus of light and slut tight on their smell. "Is that some kind of Zing shiott?"

"Nope. I got a hide long for the tannery. And I mean to keep it that way."

"I think I'm beginning to see why Rog likes you. Now--"

"Look, this ain't my first rodeo. You lead, I'll follow. And if you frail it up, I'll pull your arse from the fire before the crew can sniff your Kulmykian bacon."

"Really?"

"No, not really. But it sounded good didn't it?"

John smiled. Von didn't. His scalp begin to itch under eyes fixed of intent not pure from the right of the broadway. A bolt of orange tinged the air as John and Von parted as pages of a book left and right.

"Pick yourselves up. If I wanted you dead, you'd be." Tabood stood above the fallen pair trying hard to suppress the smile behind his large purple oculars.

29 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Frailing brilliant! in two words but I have more about to burst forth. :-D

Sweet dreams, sweetest heart - you're leaving me starry-eyed at the wonder of your picture painting once again. Enthralled for almost 2 years now, if you stopped today I would still not live long enough to recover and that is a great blessing in my life. Love this story.

Autumn Storm said...

In this instance from a warm bed, it would not have mattered from where, a feeling of being flung from a comfort zone into a hellish world would have still been rife. Slow and repeated reading, still there was too much to admit. Near four hours later and after several needed pauses the images were still flashing brutally, like waking up from a bad dream and still being held in its clutches, wakefulness and the day not sufficiently perceptible to reach for. Except in this case, the day is just another place no more real. In other words, though the scene here is alien so to speak, there is no escape, what we see is irrefutable. To begin with intent before description, from inside to out, to show the breed of what has been bred, the degeneration eroding the last remnants of hope meant when it came, part by putrid part, it was all the more impressive. This is a chapter that when read aloud I imagine those reading and those listening would mirror each other in facial expressions though only one would be forming the words written. Affecting. Just as you have managed through a selection of words to show visions of unparalleled beauty, so too words here do not fail to evoke the hideousness of these scenes and they are just as fascinating to watch. A poet: a person who has the gift of poetic thought, imagination, and creation, together with eloquence of expression. You listen to the spoken and the unspoken and you do it in a way few know how to allow themselves to do. Your passion for words is tangible, your command such that you communicate far beyond a word as it is defined. A sensation to be perceived at heart and defined gradually. I want to quote every line, every word almost and spend a time immersed within it. Feel that way often, have throughout this story, but today in the portrayal of such ugliness, the lurking dangers that need little reason and could so easily bring unthinkable harm to our loved ones, yes that is what they have long since become, in the showing that you are able to illustrate this as well as had you lived it, just as you have when you have shown us relationship, fear, love, fun, grief,..., you have confirmed what had no need to be confirmed, you stir hearts, induce shivers, capture the imagination and just plain crawl deep inside never to leave again with the words you write. I'm, continually, in awe at the writer, at the person. Nuf said. And unlike the real world, every word spoken, unless the intention is otherwise of course, fits to the point with each chapter one is left, quite ridiculously I know and I have no intention of attempting to explain it, with a sense of fate, of how could it have been any other way, of everything being though at times it is not what one would have wished for being exactly as it was meant to be. Shocking, brilliant, mesmerising, thrilling, frightening and bewildering, and always complete. Gosh but I do love this story through hard times and good, and always complete-ly. :-)
Messy, too affected by all that went before, all within, and all still yet to come for it to be otherwise. :-)

Mona said...

That Fractal is exotic! It is like embers a glow and exudes so much warmth...

Tabood... is a name so familiar. I just can't place it right now. Is that a scene from the hell?
The aubergine image, the purple snout etc... its so surreal...

" the kaleidoscope of debauchery...Faint hand of hope."
Very powerful visual.

"Lights gaudy, stacked like a bad dream, beamed, flashed and buzzed ware and trade in the eternal night of moon life. Drum ribbed children slumped and scattered under weight not seen, their smiles stolen in the wicked commerce, laid bare upon days without end, of tunnels alight with the grin of a soulless master, black of heart, whip of hand;"

That is an image so realistic... so descriptive of child laborers working in subhuman and unhygenic, dark and dingy conditions...

"smiles stolen in wicked commerce" so true, so beautifully expressed...

Mona said...

you have worked really hard on the image of Tabood I see. & the results are fabulously repulsive...

Anonymous said...

EW.

GOOD job! lol I'm thoroughly grossed out by the imagery.

You are a sick sick Puppy, Tree.. I like that in an author. ;-)

Trée said...

Grace, I've been holding back. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Your comment makes me want to take the measure of my own tumidity, or at least make an adjustment. :-D

Trée said...

Mona, thanks for the kind words on the image. Nice to see one noticed. Thank you.

This chapter, from the imagery to the children, was in a small way, influenced by your last couple of postings. You have put images in my head that I need to release, and like a fish, I've released them into the greater lake of the story to carouse and cavort with the dancing eyes of all who drink in the words of my image driven saga. We are all connected. What you do influences all you touch. Your writing has influenced me. I often sit reading one of your posts and I want to prostrate myself before your mind and let you whip me into submission with your wit and wisdom and a heart that bleeds compassion with an enduring mercy.

Thank you Mona for being you through and through. To put a twist on a wonderful phrase I recently read, 'I know your kind. What's right with you is right all the way thought you.' :-D

Oh, and the name Taboodja is a play on Taboodia, which believe it or not, is the name of a faddish weight-loss product I got in a spam email. I loved the look and sound so much I knew I had to have it in the story. :-D

Trée said...

Sweetest, I've said it before and I'll say it again, your comments are the air in my blogging universe and upon that air, the warmth of your currents give rise to chapter upon chapter. :-)

Mona said...

Tabood IS a real name. It is Arabic, although who it refers too is something I can't pace just yet...

It is some Mythical figure, there is another matching name that goes with it. It is two matching figures actually...It is either an Arabic myth or a parable...

Stargazer said...

Wow, I really have been away from the story. Your latest writing is even more wonderfully descriptive, powerful, intense, and image rich. Way to go Trée!

Trée said...

Thank you Deb. Nice to have you reading the story again. :-)

Trée said...

Mona, I don't doubt you. :-)

SaffronSaris said...

Is that a new banner you are changing everyday?
Wow, that takes a lot of effort, but sure entices people to come here everyday for your fractal brilliance :)

Karen said...

This was fantastic!! I love the last paragraph - it left me with chills and I'm wondering what's next... oh, how you love to tease...

The frac is incredible! You never cease to amaze me.

*HUGS* to you and Jack! ;-)

Constance said...

Amazing fractals, Tree !

Hope that you and your family and all those you love have a yummy and wonderful Thanksgiving !

Genuinely,
Loving Annie

Trée said...

Thank you Annie. All the best to you and yours too. :-)

Trée said...

Karen, I'm not sure that I can post what I have imagined to happen next. Debauchery that probably crosses the line and probably won't be written. :-D

Thanks, as always, for the kind words. :-)

Trée said...

Saffy, blogger makes it really easy to change that banner pic. So glad you see it as a positive. :-)

SaffronSaris said...

Feels like being given a new type of candy everyday :)

Trée said...

Well, I have lots of candy. How's your sweet tooth? :-D

Mona said...

WOW! What a fractal!

NOW I know I am in space here!

Autumn Storm said...

:-)
It was such a wonderful idea to have this rotation of larger images up top, all the better to see the detail.

Sweet dreams, x

Trée said...

Thank you Mona. Goldie and Blu remain very special to me. :-)

Trée said...

Sweetest, The Story has almost 400 original and unique creations, so we can go for more than a year and revisit a different image every day. :-)

Mona said...

EEEKS! Tiger with tentacles!! That is height of ferocious!

*joking*

Happy Thanksgiving Tree

When I say That I feel I am in a Forest ;)

*joking again*

Trée said...

Thank you Mona. Tigerland Sea was one of the early chapters in the story and a fractal I was quite proud of. :-D

Mona said...

what a lovely Garden of blue light and colorful flowers!

Happy Thanksgiving Tree!

Trée said...

Thank you Mona. I'm looking forward to four days of food and football and very little else. The Unknowns know I need it. :-D

Autumn Storm said...

Such an beautiful header today, again. This now is another reason that makes visiting here such a great pleasure. :-)

Poppet, my dear sweet friend, wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving, with love and hugs, x