Sunday, November 25, 2007

383. Red Hawt


"John, we've got no money," repeated Kyra.

"Well, I don't want to over-dramatize the situation, but we either find something of value or, quite literally, my arse is Tabood's."

"Put Von on."

"Afraid it is as he says, literally."

"What the frail does that mean, literally?"

"You know how, ahem, your peaks of motherly nourishment glow blue?"

"Yeah."

"Well, Tabood's agent glows reddish-orange."

"Okay."

"And it increases in temp, like a poker," added John.

"What?"

"I shiott you not. The damn thing is a physiological wonder. Only known species to wield, excuse me, a heat seeking missile."

"And you find this amusing? I mean, it is your arse."

"Some things are so absurd as to induce hilarity. Besides, the damn thing is so big, he would split me in two before the heat fried my insides. Can you imagine?"

"I can't even imagine we are having this conversation," said Kyra. "Not now Trev."

"Look, I know I'm full of clichés, but my arse is on the line. Rock and a hard place."

"You're making me laugh."

"Glad you find this funny."

"What Trev! What?"

"I think I've got a solution."

4 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Bless #1. Among the many lovable and admirable traits that you have, #1 is most definitely in the top 10! :-)

So precarious their situation, that they have grasped the seriousness of what could happen to them is more apparent by the comical aspects of the exchange. As Von himself said, Some things are so adsurd as to induce hilarity.

Dialogue as always flows perfectly. Still not sure whether to worry since their own attitudes invite faith, as do past encounters, that all will be well in the end.

Excellent piece of writing. :-)

Trée said...

Sunshine, this is one of the those chapters where I remind myself not to take what I do here seriously and just have fun. Where this stuff comes from is anyone's guess. ;-)

Miladysa said...

LOL

... heaven only knows the visitors who will land here via 'SeArCh' following that one ... :)

Trée said...

Just when the story gets a little heavy, someone decides it's time to lighten the mood. Glad to bring a smile to your visage Miladysa. :-)