Monday, November 26, 2007

385. Ariel Angelic



ed note: On this date, two years hence, an image appeared and I wrote a few words of love. Almost 4oo postings and images later, The Story endures. As a tribute to so many loyal readers and fans, I offer a return to all that is good, the very fabric of love as seen in the pure heart of a child. Join me in the miracle of Ariel as we celebrate a story that is as much yours as it is mine. To mark the two-year anniversary, AutumnStorm has created The Official Fan Site for The Story. To say that I am blown away with the labor of her love would be a gross understatement.


"Home?" asked Em.

"Bravo, Em. Seems the commander dispatched a crew to repair our old mount," said Kyra. "She will be ready when we arrive, with a few improvements. Better than new it appears."

"I thought she was destroyed," said Trev.

"Just beyond our capacity to repair." Kyra measured the group, her hands still firmly holding the slate in front of her, the yellowish-green glow giving her face an ethereal quality in the dim light of the transport as a lantern might in a barn. "There is more."

The crew stood courtroom quiet before verdict read.

Kyra continued, "Upon our arrival, a dinner."

"What kind of dinner?" asked Von.

"The kind with a guest, call it a gift or perhaps an answer to a prayer." The words spun in the air as if weaving a patchwork quilt of hope, each member contributing their own swatch threaded on plea and petition.

Rog, never one for patience or prayer, broke the silence like a whip cracking cold air. "Oh pray tell, spit it out."

Kyra lowered an unhurried smile at Rog and then looked toward Em. All eyes followed. "Dr X."

"Holy Shiott," exclaimed Yul. "Does that mean what I think it means?"

"I think it does Yul."

Ariel tugged at Kyra's sleeve and whispered, "What does it mean?"

"It means there is a very good chance Em is going to see again."

Ariel looked at Kyra, looked at Em and then looked back again to Kyra. "Yes, yes, go."

With a skip more like deer than child, Ariel shot toward Em. "Did you hear that. You are going to see again. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it."

Em reached out and rubbed Ariel's head, looking almost embarrassed by fortune; her head swaying slightly like a tall building in the wind as if the words and thoughts themselves were a gale of possibility.

Ariel jumped up and down. "Aren't you going to ask me how I knew?"

"How did you know sweet child?" asked Em, unable to hold back a chary smile.

"I asked my mom for a favor. And she told me I could only have one so to make sure it was what I really wanted."

Em's fingers traced Ariel's face as if in the tracing she could see what her ears were not believing.

"Hey silly, aren't you going to ask me what I asked for?"

Enunciating her words to the throbbing beat of her heart, Em spoke as if before an angel. "What did you ask for?"

"That I wanted you to be able to see your mom again. That you wanted that more than anything in the world."


14 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Wooooohoooooooo!
Congratulations on the anniversary of The Story. Two years is in some ways such a very long time and in other ways no time at all. The last two years here feel like both of those. Thank you for all that you have given via these pages. :-)
A toast, to the last two and the next many. Cheers, x

The title is so appropriate, for any child, woman or man come to that, to when given a single wish to ask for something for someone else is angelic, bless her little heart. In the midst of all that has gone on lately, not least the fact that she has lost her mother, she is like a dancing light of hope and love within. Back to Bravo, a chance of Em seeing again and the blessing that is Ariel, this chapter is absolutely wonderful!! You made a happy occasion even happier through this chapter. :-)

Trée said...

Thank you Sweetest. As I've said many times, I don't think this story makes two years without your love and support. The new fan site, well, I'm still speechless with the labor of love you poured into it. I think it looks fantastic!

Glad you liked this chapter. I wanted something worth remembering for the anniversary and I think the scene with Ariel giving her one and only wish to Em is one to remember for a long time. I hope the chapter conveys what I saw in my mind, or more so, felt in my heart as I saw the excitement on Ariel's face when Kyra told her what Dr X meant. For the crew and Em, it meant one thing, but to Ariel, it was as if Santa Claus himself were confirmed true and sure. :-)

Mona said...

what is happening here...Celebration?

I want a fractal cake!

Good new chapter too! :)

Trée said...

Yes Mona. Champagne for the Two Year Anniversary of The Story. Join us. You can have all the fractal cake you like. :-)

Glad you liked this one. :-)

ChickyBabe said...

My heartfelt congratulations, Tree, on a special milestone, and one that you should always be proud of :). As I said to you in the early days, you're an inspiration to many.

I absolutely enjoy visiting here to see what your images inspire in me, and as you know, I give you my first impression, not matter how strange it might seem. This makes your blog unique.

Wishing you continued success with many years to come. Cheers!

Miladysa said...

Wonderful writing - a variety of emotions.

Happy Anniversary and a wish for many more to come.

*Congratulations on the Fan Site!*

Stargazer said...

Congratulations on the two year story anniversary. Way to go Trée!

Trée said...

Chicky, as you can see, I found my #5 and I wouldn't exchange that one #5 for a million readers. As always, so nice to have you visiting. I wish I had a solution to your current situation. I have it working in the back of my mind. Take care and wherever you are, I'll be reading. :-)

Trée said...

Thank you Deb. Seems like a long time and no time at all. The ride has been fantabulous and I feel like it is just getting started. :-)

Trée said...

Miladysa, nice to have you around. The last two years have been a great ride and like a soap opera, I think one can jump into the story at any point and enjoy it for what it is without having to know everything that has happened before.

Thank you for your kind words. And I agree, that fan site is fan-f*-tastic! :-D

Constance said...

That will be beautiful, Em being able to see again !!!
Congratulations on the 2 year anniversary !
I'm going to go check out Autumn Storm's official fan site now --
Loving Annie

Trée said...

Annie, I'm not sure who is more excited, Em or me. Or maybe it's Ariel. :-D

Actually, I think the entire crew is thrilled for Em for all the right reasons. Joy for another, pure and simple, unclouded by ego or greed or selfishness, or envy, or jealousy. That was Papa. That is Kyra. That is Bravo. :-)

Nice to have you along for the ride. Enjoy the fan site. She has just gotten started but what a start. Make sure you explore the sidebar links. I can't imagine the hours she poured into the site. Just unbelievable.

Grace said...

Yeah!!! :) I hurried over here from the new fan site...CONGRATS, Trée!!!

AND I love this chapter!!...call me a sentimental optimistic miracleminded "I love happy endings" kinda woman!... but there's nothing like the prayers of a little girl

Trée said...

Grace, believe it or not, I love these kind of chapters the most of all. Makes me smile to think that you do too. :-)

Thank you for the kind words. Always appreciated. Thanks for the sweet words at the fan site too. :-)