Monday, May 21, 2007

280. Like a Bull


Lil’ handed Trev a clear v-shaped glass with a narrow stem. Five different liqueurs, five different colors, each maintaining horizontal integrity shimmered in the soft glow of Lil's quarters.

“I’m not thirsty,” said Trev. "And--"

Lil’ licked her crimson lips, slowly. “I think you are.” Placing her delicate and perfectly manicured finger under the stem, she slowly lifted the glass toward Trev’s parting lips. Neither broke eye contact with the other. “Five sips, sixty seconds apart, and then--“ Lil’ smiled with dimple and eye.

“Then?”

“The wonder of modern chemistry. The first liqueur, the sapphire one, drink up, massages the pain centers in your frontal lobe.” Seeing Trev’s reaction, she added, “No worries my sweet, before you feel anything, it will be time for the second liqueur, the golden one. Let’s just say you’ll experience something akin to warm honeyed aloe soothing the throbbing in your temples. Your mind will go slightly fuzzy, but only until the third liqueur, the emerald one.”

“Is this safe?” I mean—“

“Trevor,” whispered Lil’, her nails tracing the outline of his reddening cheeks, “if your heart stops beating, I’ll personally get it started again. And Trevor, I’ve never failed in that endeavor.” She squeezed his thigh.

“Oh.”

“And Trev?”

“Yes?”

“If you interrupt me again I may just cut off your gonads before you get to the fifth.” Lil’ smiled, “Time for the second.” He drank the golden liqueur. “Good boy. Now, the emerald potion will make you feel warm, all over. You’ll feel on the verge of wetting yourself and that is where the fourth liqueur comes in, assuming, of course, you don’t actually wet yourself. Now, you wouldn’t loose control right here in front of me, would you Trev?”

Trev started to speak but Lil’ stopped him with her finger. Nodding her head, Trev followed suit. “Good. Now, the fourth, the citrine one. Goes straight to the centers of fear and control in your brain, the very one’s the third elicits, and loosens, as they say, the ties that bind. Only once the fourth liqueur takes effect, will you be ready for the fifth.”

Trev’s comm started blinking. Lil’ quickly slipped it from his waist to her pocket.

“The fifth, my sweet friend, which by the way, only works in conjunction with the first four, is nothing less than a pure shot of adrenalin.” Lil’ paused. “To your agent of masculine surrender. How should I put this? At this stage, you’ll feel like a bull in the chute, or so it seems from my perspective, not that I’ll be complaining.”

Trev was in stage two and his mind started to slip. Lil’ took his hand. He followed. There would be no china broken on her watch. Sal was waiting.



“Mairi, is he on his way?” asked Yul, trying hard to keep her eyes open.

“Yes he is,” lied Mairi.

“Good. I want Trev here, by my side during the operation.”

“Get your rest darlin’. I’ll let you know as soon as he arrives.”

Categories: Story, Lil’ Twilight, Trev, Mairi, Yul

32 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Bless #1, for it all of course, and for these five layers of mesmerisation. Smiles again, this time more directly at the wonder of #1.

And then that last part to break the hypnotic effect on those of us that are aware of the question, everyone in that room apart from Trev and Lil' and the potential that Trev will miss something very important, that there may be regret, guilt forever associated with being in that place at that time, when he was needed somewhere else.
What a treat to wake to not one amazing chapter of this most beloved story but two, and from different characters, scenes, times, etc. Amazing, you, it, them, it all. xoxo
Just wanna hug you for these, simple as. :-)

ChickyBabe said...

I want a glass just like that... to me it looks to be always full.

Trée said...

Chicky, rest assured, there will always be a glass of red willing and waiting for you here. :-)

Trée said...

Sunshine, the image inspired this chapter, along with a few lingering memories of one particular night at Pat O'Brien's in New Orleans. :-D

The more I see of Lil', the more I like what I see. I like her sophistication, her sense of subtle and not so subtle control, the way she carries herself and the hypnotic effect she has on members of the opposite sex. I can't wait to find out exactly how they "secure" Trev or exactly what it means when his agent of masculine surrender gets a dose of "the fifth." Or, for that matter, what role Sal is going to have once Trev is in this state. :-D

I may have to write this one the way I see it and then publish an "R" rated version since what I am seeing in my mind would maybe perhaps get an NC17 :-D

Let's just say this, I think Trev might be walking a little funny when all is said and done. ;-)

Autumn Storm said...

LOL!
Can't wait to read it. :-D

Jay said...

Yikes.
That Lil is a vixen in every sense of the word.

Stargazer said...

Very interesting liqueurs, indeed!

Justin Thyme said...

That's got to be one of my favorite images you've done!
Hope you're having a great Monday!

Trée said...

Sweetest, I can't wait to write it. You should have seen the thoughts going through my head on the plane. :-D

Thank Janus for those little trays that slide down from the seat in front. :-D

Trée said...

Justin, I just arrived in Florida, on the beach no less, so, yes, I'm having a abso-f***ing-lutely great day. Thanks for the kind words on the image. :-)

Trée said...

Jay, Lil' is fast becoming one of my favorite characters in this story. I'm not sure I can publish here all I really want to write about her professional abilities. :-D

Trée said...

Deb, I'm not sure what is more intoxicating--the liqueurs or Lil'. :-)

Keshi said...

hey Tre hows it going?

Keshi.

Kiley said...

Beautiful entry!

Trée said...

Keshi, doing well. Thanks for asking. :-)

Trée said...

Kiley, my most productive teammate, always good to see you stopping by. Thanks for the kind words. :-)

Karen said...

Lil' is certainly sensual and holds Trev in the palm of her hand and I think she would even without the drink. The drink does sound nice though... I'd love a glass or two!

Great chapter but it has me wondering is next (of course! LOL).

Trée said...

Karen, I think we need Jack to write the next part of this chapter. I think he's eager to get started. :-)

Mona said...

Ah! If only seduction could be that easy... easy said & easy done!

anesthetic seduction LOL

Aesthetic anesthetic seduction...

si, it is all in the mind...mind..the subtle part of body ;& body, the gross part of mind...

Trée said...

Mona, I like the way your mind works. As for seduction, are you sure it is as hard as you say? ;-)

Mona said...

I guess it should'nt be so difficult after all, as far as women go..

I could'nt be seduced... :)

I think you cannot be seduced if you don't want to be! It is a both ways affair.

Trée said...

Mona, you are absolutely right. So the way I would seduce you would be not to seduce you at all, but let you seduce me. ;-)

Mona said...

hey! I dont want to seduce you. so the case rests. I see you found the real Kyra!! :))

Justin Thyme said...

On the beach? Woo-hoo! So where's the party? ;-)

Oliviah said...

Welcome to the Sunshine State, Precious Man. I'm waving at you from the Bay Area!

Trée said...

Mona, I did. Thank you very much for pointing me in Kyra's direction. As for the other matter, I'd say let's not rush to judgment, just yet anyway. :-D

Trée said...

Justin, it was in Pensacola. Don't think I've ever seen the water look so emerald or spectacular. Just breathtaking.

Trée said...

Dear Beautiful Soul, I've posted some pics over on Trebuchet if you can stand to see a few beach pics. I think we need to graduate from waves to hugs and see where that goes. :-D

Mona said...

hey tree! when are you growing new leaves!?
tee hee!!!
You know, THIS friend is sure crazy! & dont say she didnt warn you!

No offence :)

Trée said...

Mona, crazy is the root of genius. So be like crazy. Let it flow through your veins. :-)

Mona said...

[rolls her eyes].When she talks of leaves he talks about roots!

When she talks about branching & reaching for skies, he talks about going deep into ground!

Q : Are they going in opposite directions????

O Killer Smile... [ YIKES! That sounds awful!!]

Look she doen't even know how to flatter& flirt & he was talking of seduction!

[ rools eyes again!]

Trée said...

Oh Mona, you do make me smile. On this matter I must refer to Papa and his lectures on "this and that." Or, as he would say, "one, not two." Then he would laugh and say something funny to lighten the mood, but the point would be planted as surely as seed in moist fecund soil. ;-)