Thursday, March 23, 2006

82. All Things Kyra


First known sketch of Kyra

All things known (so far) about Kyra: (updating through the day)

(1) Hynerian
(2) Parents were marine biologists (not home much)
(3) Primarily raised by her grandparents
(4) Papa Kyra (Zeke) was a famous Zing Tao master of the ninth order
(5) Leader of Bravo-Four-Zero
(6) Possessed initiative in spades
(7) Not overly aggressive
(8) Not terribly charismatic (this may change)
(9) Not one to socialize
(10) Spends lot of time in her quarters
(11) Has her childhood shell collection onboard
(12) Spent a lot of time at the family retreat on Valla cove
(13) Papa helped her collect and build her shell project
(14) She loved the beach and the retreat
(15) She valued the peace and quiet and reflective, introspective atmosphere at Valla
(16) Papa bequeathed his prized Blue Onyx ring to Kyra when she came of age
(17) She always wore the ring on a chain around her neck
(18) She never ever took it off
(19) Much of what she knows and who she is comes from Papa and his lessons
(20) Papa and Kyra were rarely seen apart
(21) "Trust not the eye alone" was a phrase she heard repeatedly from Papa
(22) Kyra's imagination amazed her crew mates
(23) Papa built Goldie for Kyra
(24) Goldie was built in Grandma Kyra's likeness
(25) Papa finished Goldie within six months of grandma passing away
(26) This was Papa's way to right the injustice of Kyra losing her grandmother so soon
(27) Kyra had onboard every postcard, letter and note Papa had written to her
(28) Kyra had struggled to find a Hynerian that matched her Papa
(29) She often wondered if her sights and expectations were too high
(30) She agonized on whether her expectations led her to pass on happiness
(31) She loved snizzle in the morning
(32) She drank her snizzle in a handmade off-white cup
(33) She missed Papa very much
(34) His scent was still found on the postcards and she often closed her eyes and with one breath he was clearly near again
(35) Kyra had her Juju birds onboard
(36) Papa had used Juju birds in Kyra's studies
(37) In addition to Papa's ring, Kyra also had Grand's brooch
(38) Grandma Kyra had given Kyra the brooch on her death bed
(39) The brooch personified the love Papa had for Grand
(40) She gave it to Kyra to "close the circle"
(41) "When you hold this brooch, you hold love"
(42) "“I love you my dear sweet child. Keep this brooch. Hold it close to your heart and know that the gleam of light in your eye is the sparkle of my soul forever protecting you with the shield of love given to me by your papa and which I now bestow upon you."
(43) Kyra's quarters on Bravo-Four-Zero comprised an entire wall as a picture window to the universe
(44) She spends a great deal of time gazing in amazement at the wonders before her
(45) Kyra is 5'6" tall
(46) She has coal black hair that falls just below her shoulder blades
(47) She mostly wore her hair "up"
(48) She has brilliant sparkling blue eyes
(49) Showcased with picture perfect cheeks
(50) She is in her late twenties
(51) Kyra had a natural curiosity
(52) Her body was hewn by years of loving "Zing Tao" practice/play
(53) She had the strength and skill of a third year Zing Tao novice by the time she entered university
(54) Kyra's natural abilities exceeded Papa's and he knew it
(55) Papa knew she has "the gift" that no amount of teaching could bestow
(56) Kyra could master the way as no Hynerian before if she choose to apply herself
(57) Kyra was striking in her presence
(58) One knew when she walked into a room
(59) She was not a wordy Hynerian
(60) Her eyes were set slightly wide
(61) Although her personality was not charismatic, her physical presence did command attention in a charismatic way
(62) She did not seek leadership of Bravo-Four-Zero
(63) She did, however, not resist her natural place when acknowledged by the others as the one to lead them
(64) She is at the peak of her physical powers
(65) Her power is more than just the physical
(66) Her mental strength far surpasses her physical abilities
(67) Kyra was not one to beat around the bush
(68) She did have a very playful sense of humor
(69) Small talk was a waste of time in her eyes
(70) She enjoyed philosophical conversation
(71) She walked with the grace and prowess of a jungle cat
(72) She had long agile fingers
(73) She loved to wear form-fitting black leather
(74) She had a wicked grin, when the situation called for it
(75) Clear awareness of how she comes across
(76) Kyra has a natural ability to read faces for the truth
(77) Papa always said she would have made one kickass interrogator
(78) She is older than Trev but younger than Rog
(79) She has a holographic helmet she uses for meditation exercises
(80) She could breath with the grace and elegance of a Zing Tao master
(81) Papa taught her general principles of leadership
(82) She does not micro manage
(83) Papa also taught Kyra how to "walk"
(84) Kyra had feelings for Kieran
(85) She was not immune from those feelings overwhelming her
(86) She had never shared those feelings with anyone
(87) She loved the Pufferbills and the time alone with Papa
(88) She makes it to earth


31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, nice face shape :-) She looks so young - how old is Kyra?

Trée said...

Sunshine, at this time in the story Kyra is in her late twenties.

Trée said...

Btw, the sketch is perhaps not clear but Kyra is wearing her hair in a ponytail. Her long flowing locks falling down over her shoulder to the right of the pic. If you look closely on top, you will see a cloth wrapped at the base of the ponytail.

Anonymous said...

74 reasons (thus far) that remind why we like Kyra so :-) The very vast majority of those are ingrained in my memory already, indicative of how well you write, memorable through interest.

Noticed the ponytail, part of what made her look so young, I guess. :-)

Trée said...

Interesting take on the ponytail. I tend to see Kyra in her formal evening robe or gown, made of a silk-like material and her ponytail gives her a mystical eastern look as opposed to a youngish look. Perhaps when my skill at drawing or painting grows I can better illustrate what is in my mind's eye. :-)

Trée said...

If I've missed some detail about Kyra, perhaps something mentioned in the audio, please share it here so I can add it to our list.

Likewise, if you have a particular view of Kyra that is not quite represented in the list, please also share. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

LOL, it is so hard to read y'all's comments and not think that you might be talking about moi.

Cute post :)

Trée said...

Hey bbb! Did you miss me? Just dye your hair black and I'm on my way over. :-D

Anonymous said...

Hey there sweetness :0) excellent, lovin the sketch and the list, just great!

Trée said...

Thanks Tube. Sorry to hear you guys are getting rain and have lost power. Of course, candles can always be fun and you always have the iPod as a last resort. :-D

Anonymous said...

LOL too bad I'm with my mom or I could think of all sorts of fun ways to pass the time in the dark :0D

as it is, we are listening to my itunes and trying not to go crazy or bump into each other, and the battery power on the computer is about out, bummer LOL

Anonymous said...

beautiful drawing...

Kyra is addictive :)

Keshi.

Trée said...

How does mom get to go on all these trips? Doesn't she have a job or somethin. That little red-hatted . . .:-D

Just remember you could be here where we might get snow tonight. Unheard of at this time of the year in Tennessee.

Trée said...

Keshi, Kyra is very addictive. Four months later and I still can't get her out of my mind. :-)

Anonymous said...

Evening sweetums :-D Hope you had that desired ton of fun today making for happy dreaming when you get that far.

Trée said...

It was a good day until a couple hours ago when LSU beat Duke. At that point it became a great day. :-D

Morning Sunshine. :-)

Trée said...

That's what I said. :-D

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet drawing!

The list almost looks like a meme ;). Sorry... couldn't resist!

Anonymous said...

morning sweetie, happy friday


How does mom get to go on all these trips? Doesn't she have a job or somethin

she pays for everything, a deal I can't pass up :0D

Trée said...

So Tube has a sugar Mama. I might need to get me one of those. :-D

When do you guys come back?

Trée said...

Thanks Chicky. I did a slightly different version on Trebuchet (my site where I put up alt images and no words).

Oh my, a meme. That sends shivers down my spine--lol. Hope you have a great weekend sweetie. :-)

Anonymous said...

:0)

back tomorrow nite, hate to leave the ocean but will be glad to get back :0)

Trée said...

I know the feeling. Always dread the last day. Once I know I'm leaving all I want to do is leave. Almost like closing the chapter of a book, knowing there is no more to be read or written here so it's time to move on.

Travel safe sweetie. Oh, and don't forget to pack the red hat. Not sure I could forgive you if you left that behind. :-D

Anonymous said...

i think i'd look good w/ black hair...maybe :)

miss you? heck yes i did.

how's bbb?

Trée said...

Bbb is doing just fine. I could use a little spring weather though. :-)

Let me know when you color your hair. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a twinkly Friday eve, x

Trée said...

Same to you Sunshine. I think I'm losing my mind. I was in the bookstore (that would be bookshop to you) this afternoon and I almost bought a knitting magazine because the model on the front cover looked like one of my characters. I seriously almost bought the thing just for that one picture. I've scheduled an appointment for myself on Monday. LMAO.

Aggie, I might need some of your pills. Don't forsake me now woman! :-D

Anonymous said...

Step away from the knitting section and take long, deep breaths!
rofl

Trée said...

I found the cover on their website. The image is much smaller than I would like but I blew it up and have the general outlines. The crew of Bravo-Four-Zero is rather good looking. Not an ugly one in the bunch. :-D

And those females--all of them--Kyra, Emy, Yul. Just wow is all I can say. :-D

By the way, Mel was Yul. Not sure where or how that happened but it's corrected now.

Anonymous said...

Kyra's cute and its now offical - I know more about her fictional self than I do about most of the people I know in real life.

Trée said...

Jack, I'm LMAO because your statement is so true, painfully so, but true nonetheless. Sometimes I feel I know Kyra better than the teenagers that live in my house. At least I think they live here--don't see much of them, those nocturnal creatures of coolness and infinite wisdom. :-)