Saturday, December 19, 2009

705: neither nor either

from Em's journal:

When we are together, time slows down while simultaneously speeding up. An afternoon seems both but a moment and forever, being neither nor either. It is as if, when we are together, we step into another dimension of time, a place where time is different or perhaps a place outside of time, a place of no time, for it seems as if time is not moving at all, as if when we are together, we step into a timeless room and only when exiting do we then know of time again, of how much has passed and even if the passing has been a whole day, for the life of me it seems mere minutes. Is this Love or Madness?

5 comments:

Lady of the Lakes said...

This is another incredible surprise. It feels like Christmas and I've opened an abundance of presents!!! You posted that when you write you have a good day. You must be having a fantabulous day today. The way that you describe Emys feelings...sigh...to have time stand still yet fly by...you describe this as though you are reading from your own journal. Love or Madness? This is my opinion, but I believe that Love is a madness, or causes a madness.

A great big smile on my face when I think of your writing 3 chapters today. You truly are on the road to recovery, and seem to be in the fast lane right now.

Thoughts and Prayers will always be with you.

TIGHT HUGS

H

Woman in a Window said...

You know, when it causes me to ache as though i am either old or terribly alive, you have it right. Madness. It is madness. And it is love, too, of course.
xo
erin

Roxana said...

isn't this incredible, this power to annihilate time? the most wonderful of gifts...

gerry boyd said...

Or just the relativity of love?

j said...

I've been reading through your posts this evening, getting caught up with you a bit. Seeing Em's name and reading the words in her journal were like running into a friend. I am thankful for this post.

I pray that you will be blessed in the New Year.