Tuesday, August 03, 2010

789. near and far

Sigh. Miss you too. Want and need you. I am not the same without your arms around me and your lips upon mine as starlight on the ocean glittered. I need of your smell, of hair and shampoo, of neck and nape, soft of the day, of you within me by breath. I need the fit of you against me as if in all the world there is no other to my half, no salvation but through you. You live in me, near and far. But I need you near, as a diver diving needs air, again, soon. Let me know when we can talk. When I can hear of your day and know you are okay. 

4 comments:

Trée said...

Em has gone into town with Mairi and Yul. These notes, as too this one, are penned by the lake, waiting for her return, feeling the contours of the relationship in separation as shadow lines light.

Just as our love reaches new depths with each encounter, so too does the pain of separation. I've sat all morning as if paralyzed in incompletion, as if you are my legs and my arms and without you, I cannot act. I cannot think of anything but again to be whole. To again wade in the waters of peace, to feel your wordless gaze upon me and your fingers tracing the contours of my face.

Trée said...

alt phrasing of: your lips . . .

and your starlight lips upon my ocean glittered.

Autumn said...

I cannot think of anything but again to be whole.
The sincerity in this passage is wholly engaging, every nook and cranny of the reader's being are swept up, doused within, in the very best of ways, with eyes that glisten at the beauty of word, of emotion, at the clarity, at the wholeness, and dozen other reasons. Music within.

Trée said...

Autumn, as always, your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.