Wednesday, June 02, 2010

773. of nothing I have known

She runs in my veins. Intoxicates me. Alters perception. And time is of nothing I have known, when she is around. I know this by fact and absence, like one knows day by night and night by day. Every sense of her plays a dance on my neurons, my brain afire of sight and sound, smell and touch such that now, I say even now, just the thought is all to stir my chemical high, to touch the chemistry in me with nary pin nor needle. This is how she moves, how she plays with my soul as the wind through the trees and like ice it is when she leaves and I shutter and shake in withdrawal, the sense so strong as to be matters of report, of chills so violent no fire can warm what she alone has touched. I am beyond return and what has been healed can heal no more. I live with ache full sore, of muscle rope tight in gale and the billow of canvas screaming in strain of horizon, of light, of the moment she returns to fill again my veins with her sweet poison.


found in Trev's notebook
date unknown

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!

Too much already, how can we hope to cope with such loveliness? Seriously, this is exquisite! A sound, half moan half sigh, whooshed straight from my diaphram as I read the words of chills so violent no fire can warm what she alone has touched., my goodness, how words can hold such emotion, such clarity of meaning as to affect reader, unrelated, so intensely. Let me borrow the word 'intoxicates' for it is a favourite and it describes aptly the power of your writing. She runs in my veins is superb, with it you have said everything, only to continue, tracing those sentiments, circling ever more tightly, I cannot describe for you just how your writing touches.
I've never known anything like it.
It is heavenly. Miraculous. Miraculous is how I have always thought of your gift for touching and yet it comes so naturally to you as to seem almost misplaced to use such a word. This is how she moves, I live with ache full sore, and this I shutter and shake in withdrawal, my goodness, Poppet, there is no difference in regards to impact comparing word to event. I feel as much in a single passage, as intently in the moment, as I have in real life situations. To summarize since I have no hope of capturing, Hot Dam' that was GOOD!

Trée said...

My dear Sunshine, I read your comment right before turning out the lights and I had the biggest smile on my face; and too, there was that rare rush of joy, felt flush in your comment and I was reminded again at the power of the written word. So I thank you for that touch. Felt wonderful. :-)

You know, I say this so rarely but I'll say it for this post: I thought it was pretty good. Written is a single flow. Took all of two maybe three minutes with only the slightest of edits. The original draft used dark instead of night (day by dark and dark by day) and although I still like the alliteration of day and dark, night just seemed more natural to the mind. I wanted to use courses as the second word, but it seems so over used in regard to blood and veins that I felt it would have detracted the reader into words from the start--run was, btw, the original choice, and so it remains. The rest of the paragraph is as it rolled from mind to finger to keyboard. As usual, my metaphors are sequenced to the edge of mixing, but I like it that way, my mind works that way, so the writing stays true to my thought process and grammar be damn. :-D

Thank you for the wonderful comment. You reminded me why I love to write and how rare, how truly rare your comments are. And for that, I again bow with gratitude that somehow those many years ago, I stumbled upon your blog (no pun intended or implied) and you saw fit to come calling to say hello. :-)

I'm thinking we need some time at the cottage. Think you can get away? :-)

Woman in a Window said...

i'm smiling~

Trée said...

me too :-)

ghrency said...

very inspiring,,

custom wood furniture