Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day: 90

Update and summation after 90 days coming (hopefully):

*******

Day 83:

the sense of giddiness has faded or been absent the last few days--too early to tell if this is a trend, if this particular side-effect is abating on its own or whether the stress of my current situation is playing a part--I am glad to see it go--always felt artificial and unnatural and was not helpful with regard to doing anything productive--the mood was nice but it was not conducive to getting much done

yesterday, I felt the old familiar stirrings of emotion with music--not as strong as before but it was nice in the way an aroma is nice when it brings forth pleasant memories--still no real desire to search out new music

lack of desire to read and write remains a mystery--I pick up a book, start to read, but have no desire to finish more than a sentence or two--been this way for about five, maybe six weeks--I'm dumbfounded as to why

on the sexual front, everything works and functions as it should, albeit orgasm remains slightly more difficult to achieve and borders between work and pleasure--not severe enough to go off the meds but a continuing concern--likewise, although function is within normal range and libido remains as strong as ever, something has changed--I've tried for the last couple of weeks to understand what has changed and for the life of me, it remains elusive--the memories of my twenty anorgasmic days are still fresh in my memory and so I can't tell if I am dealing with some very subtle fear, a side-effect of the meds, or, as most likely in these cases, some combination of the two--sexual fantasy has dropped off--no longer providing a mental escape--and although sexual desire remains strong, something with the libido is off--some process that I cannot put my finger on--there is both sexual desire while at the same time some odd missing aspect of that desire--as if the mind is willing but the body is not and what is so odd is, the body is working as it should

6 comments:

Leslie Morgan said...

We eagerly anticipate it, Tree.

Trée said...

Oh Les, you are too kind. Nothing earth shattering. Thanks for checking in. Always appreciated.

Lady of the Lakes said...

I'm holding by breath, PLEASE don't take toooo long.

Thoughts and Prayers

TIGHT HUGS and warm kisses

hhHH

Trée said...

Don't think it is going to happen tonight. Sigh. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not. The night is dark. I know of no other way to put it. The meds have been helpful but the side-effects are a high cost and at the end of the day, all that has happened is an emotional blunting. Nothing has been solved. Nothing has changed. I'm just emotionally unresponsive on the meds. On the bright side, I didn't kill myself. On the negative, I'm just threading water right now, trying to keep my head above water but I'm not sure how much energy I have remaining to keep afloat. That about sums it up.

Ms Storm said...

I was going to write, I hope you have been well, better, which is still the hope of course, but in response to the message above this one, just love and hugs. Dear, dear heart.

Lady of the Lakes said...

Sigh

Holding you tight in my thoughts.

Sometimes the first step is the hardest. Gather your strength and courage and take that first step. The second will be a little easier. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time, before you know it you will be a new man. Just as Spring is near and the sun will begin to warm things and all the new "life" will begin to grow, so shall you.

Thinking of you alot these days. :-)

As Always, you are always in my prayers.

TIGHT HUGS and WARM KISSES

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO


HHH