Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day: 100-4

Fourth day completely off the meds. In summary:

--sexual sensitivity has fully returned
--desire to read and write has fully returned
--desire to read poetry has returned
--full and complete enjoyment of music has returned
--I have not been able to perceive even the slightest physical, mental, or emotional withdrawal symtom
--in fact, I've felt better in all aspects over the last four days than I have in the last four years
--starting on the meds 100 days ago was the right decision
--stopping the meds after 96 days, so far, has been the right decision
--I do not regret either and would not change either decision
--I feel a joy for life, these last four days that seems as it should be, as life should be, as love and joy and happiness should be
--I feel an eternal gratitude to all who have tolerated my premed and med induced blogging behavior and have provided me with more love and hugs than I could have ever imagined
--I am cautiously optimistic that I have turned a corner and I am again moving in a positive direction and that I am again the person I know myself to be
--it is as if waking from a nightmare to a beautiful spring day
--I have surrounded myself with wood and I'm knocking every hour on the hour ;-)

8 comments:

Lady of the Lakes said...

Sigh. You are amazing, amazingly awesome. To be this aware of your feelings. I wish I was close enough to give you more than a virtual hug. I am sooooo happy for you, and wish you all the joy and happiness that you deserve. You are truly a special and sensitive man, a true rarity in this harsh world. If there is ever anything I can do for you, please, please, please let me know, it would truly do my heart good to know that, in some way, I have helped such an exceptional person.

Thoughts and Prayers

TIGHT HUGS

MWAH

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

hhHH

Gregory LeFever said...

Something to think about, Trée:

My doctor of 20 years who prescribed my antidepressants last year ~ which I took for only 3 months before bailing, much like you ~ gave me these stats on quitting:

He said after about a year, of his patients who decide to stop taking antidepressants, 50 percent can stay off for the rest of their lives. The other 50 percent go back on them. Of the 50 percent who go back on them and decide later to again quit them, only 50 percent will be able to successfully quit, while the others will be on them the rest of their lives.

Those stats have given me great incentive to stay off of the meds, which I have been for about a year now. I continue to feel good, so I'm very optimistic and determined.

The return of the reading, music, poetry and the like is occurring very rapidly with you, Trée. I'm so pleased for you! It's been a phenomenal journey for you, and one you've expertly documented.

I wish you all the luck in the world in regaining ~ and remaining ~ the bright and extraordinarily creative person you are.

~Greg

Trée said...

Greg, as always, thanks for the input and information. I'd not read those stats, so that is good to know. As always, your very kind words are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Autumn said...

Cannot tell you how incredibly, overwhelmingly, shout, dance, clap, run, woooooooooohoooooooooo H.A.P.P.Y.! I am to hear this news.
My goodness!
You deserve to feel like this. It is what I always, always wish for you.
Am so happy. :-)
Love, x

snowelf said...

(((hugs)))

You're a good man, Tree.

--snow

Trée said...

Awww Snow, thank you. :-)

Trée said...

Thank you Birthday girl. Wish I could have been there. :-)

Trée said...

LotL, your hugs are always welcomed. Thank you. :-)