Monday, February 22, 2010

709. Owls in the morn

Outside their window, owls, heard, not seen. A gentle call of lovers, soothing surrations of throated desire, tolling into the breeze, steady, consistent in the way of a soft rain, in the bend of wrist pouring another's cup full, in eyes bright in the wonders of mysteries known from the first apple bitten, from the first look of desire, from the natural need to seek and be sought.

She rolled into his embrace as a gentle wave rolls upon the shore and where there was the one, in wetness touched, in the sparkling embrace of sea and sand, where sky and ocean meet, where to the bird above the wind lifts, there, was home, that place where eyes closed and dreams danced and time was a door, of a cottage, by the sea.

Upon the crook of his arm, that tender warm angle, she nestled her head, her hair flowing upon the sheets, wanton of nothing but the moment, the soft touch of lips beyond words, of eyes cistern full as after a spring rain. The warmth of the night became the warmth of the morning and sheets white looked as mountain ranges of light and shadow, of dawn breaking into mauve and pink.

I am, she said, healed in your arms, whole again. I am the child of dreams and before me is clover and bloom and the fragrance of fields alive with nature and flutter, of bees and birds, a vibration, an energy known before thought, before conception. I walk, she said, as one walks without time in that place without watch or clock or tick or agenda. I walk with you, she said. I walk because of you.

12 comments:

Trée said...

This chapter could not have been written on meds. Quality notwithstanding, I cannot over emphasis how good it feels to experience again the flow of words, as if again I can breathe, as if for 96 days I held my breath under a medicated water. Imagine breaking the surface. Imagine gasping for that clean air. Imagine filling your lungs and feeling the sun upon your face, after 96 days of cold darkness, of living in the medicated skin of someone else. That is how it feels.

Trée said...

Image comes from the paper work of this talented artist:

http://eloisecorrdanch.com/PaperSculpture

Lady of the Lakes said...

And you don't know how good it feels to see you write. Fill your lungs, take a deep breath and enjoy, I know I will. :-)

Your writing is truly incredible, a gift. Thanks for sharing.

I once had that feeling about someone, still do. This brings back such wonderful memories. I hope to have them back...soon.

I look forward to more chapters and verses.

Love Always

hhHHH

Trée said...

Mmmm, I've had more people visit yet outside of you, nobody has commented. Perhaps I've lost my touch. ;-)

Thanks LotL. Kind words always appreciated.

Lady of the Lakes said...

No way. Your writing has the tendency to intimidate, I believe I've told you this before. However, my "give a damns busted", or is that bursted?

You ROCK

MWAH

TIGHT HUGS

hhhHHH

Agnes said...

Ah-ha! Yonder comes your muse to dance the lights back into your eyes. She returns, flitting about like a Disney fairy to lead you into Wonderland....and we joyfully skip right along behind you into that rabbit hole.

Beautiful prose Tree, as always. So very glad it's back.
Nice to see you again, dear friend, in all your glory.

Trée said...

Aggie, you've not seen anything yet. But I'm always happy to play show and tell. But you gotta show me yours too. Just saying. :-D

Ms Storm said...

Your comment above, the comparison to breaking the surface, was tremendously stirring. As enthralled as I was by the chapter, the expressiveness of your observations and elation put 709 on the back hob for a moment. The seamlessness of your writing has been spoken of before. Then it was days, weeks even, with all that the last 100 days have bestowed, the greatest certainty known and demonstrated once more is that your talent is awe-inspiring, divine, infinite.

The whole as a blanket: exquisite, covering, warm, encircling, complete. Devastating in the best of ways. One feels as reader small before such a great talent, privileged to share in, to feel touched by such beauty. Individual phrases vie for note and as always the realization that one could make note of just about every part. I loved ‘throated desire’, ‘soft rain’, ‘in the bend of wrist pouring another's cup full’,...,and I loved, beyond love, I adore the last paragraph.
The sincerity, the persuasive imagery of this piece. Marvellous. Sigh.

Woman in a Window said...

I read and I am less stricken with her love but rather see you steadfast emerging from the waves. You are all eyes intent and steady walk to shore. It is almost too much for my mind to handle, seeing you reborn of yourself like this.

-but I am grateful.

Gorgeous you. Welcome back.

xo
erin

Trée said...

Thanks Erin. Having you visit makes me smile. Thank you. :-)

S. said...

Maybe a little bit of this was all I needed, after all.

Trée said...

S., so nice to see you stopping by. You've been missed.