Wednesday, April 08, 2009

to what end

to what end
to what purpose
do we move

through the day
through the lives
of the souls

fate has entrusted
to our circle
the square

of our foundation
the walls of
love and lust

of friendship
and continuance
as we touch

the day
and warm
the night

give me your lips
and I'll
give you

my ears
nestle
suckle

but above
all
hold

hold as if
below
a well

nay, a cliff
dark
bottomless

can you hold
hold me
like this

hold body
and
soul

heart
and
hand

all of me
the day
and the night

the sun
and
the rain

can you
do
this

can you
do
it now

not now
as
in now

but now
as in
eternity

a place
forever
now

3 comments:

Trée said...

This poem was written in two micro bursts, each taking about a minute. The first stopped about mid way with the line: hold me, like this. I'm tempted to erase the rest and just let the first part stand on its own. Read it either way.

Autumn Storm said...

This poem is so beautiful it made me cry, not just cry, but cry with every corner of my being, for the beauty, for the meaning, for the profound talent that you have, a very, very special gift granted to the one person who would keep it close. More in a bit, need to head up to the top of the page. :-)

Trée said...

Sunshine, this is my plaintive wail to be held, whole, but above all, just to be held. Sigh.