Thursday, December 09, 2010

Quote: Marc Barasch

"Every now and then, I'll meet an escapee, someone who has broken free of self-centeredness and lit out for the territory of compassion. You've met them, too, those people who seem to emit a steady stream of, for want of a better word, love-vibes. As soon as you come within range, you feel embraced, accepted for who you are. For those of us who suspect that you rarely get something for nothing, such geniality can be discomfiting. Yet it feels so good to be around them. They stand there, radiating photons of goodwill, and despite yourself you beam back, and the world, in a twinkling, changes."

- Marc Barasch

6 comments:

SarahA said...

Yes I am knowing these people and I am thinking, the world would be a better place if there was more of them.
I am liking these words of Marc Barash, that ring true and I have seen these words reflected in you Tree.

Trée said...

SarahA, what a wonderful comment to see first thing in the morning. Thank you. As always, so nice to see you stopping by. Wishing you and yours a Happy Holiday season. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tree

This is a lovely quote Tree, thank you. It has lifted my mood, pretty low today!

Keep in touch my friend.

janete

Trée said...

Janete, I think the wonder of the internet and/or blogging is this ability to touch another thousands of miles away. To touch and be touched, to hold and be held, to love and be loved. As Papa might say, to be yellow in a world of red. Thinking of you and hoping your day improves. Wishing you all the best this holiday season. Take care my friend and keep warm. :-)

Trée

Autumn said...

Ahhh, yes, I've met and I've beamed in response - what an utterly wonderful quote, there is embrace within and the immediate desire to dive into the soul of another. Beautiful post/quote.

Trée said...

Autumn, I'd count you as among those souls. Wishing you and Maria a wonderful holiday season!