Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

10 Things You Should Never Say to a Guy


1. WHEN WILL I SEE YOU AGAIN? You’ll see him when you see him. If he wants to see you again, he’ll call. If not, next. You don’t have time for anyone that doesn’t have time for you.

2. WHY DIDN’T YOU CALL? There’s only one answer to this question: Because he didn’t want to!!! What you’re really asking is, “Why didn’t you want to call me?” Who knows!! There could be a lot of reasons, but you shouldn’t be sitting around wondering why. You should be out dating lots of different guys and not worrying about ONE guy. Don’t be so quick to put all your eggs into one basket, because if they break, it’s a big mess!

3. WHERE WERE YOU? If he wanted you to know where he was, he’d tell you. What you’re really asking is, “Where you with another female that you like better than me?” Your insecurity is showing, my dear. If anything, he should be wondering where you were.

4. I LOVE YOU (FIRST) - You’re saying it in the hopes that he’ll say it back, but what if he doesn’t? You’ll be devastated and probably feel foolish. Saying “I love you” is not going to speed things up if he’s not ready to say it back. So just cool it, and let him be the first to say it when he’s ready.

5. DID YOU SLEEP WITH HER? As long as he’s not sleeping with her now, who cares? The past is gone. Don’t torture yourself (and him) with these thoughts. In this case, ignorance really is bliss.

6. I’M PREGNANT. In 2005, with all the birth control choices available, there is no excuse for becoming pregnant, unless you want to be. You should be using something and he should use a condom, every time.

7. WHERE IS THIS GOING? Nowhere fast if that’s your attitude. Guys want someone fun and easy to be with, not someone that’s constantly worrying about the future. His actions or non-actions will tell you where it’s going. If it’s going somewhere, you’ll know it. If it’s not, you’ll know it too.

8. WE NEED TO TALK. This is the equivalent of, “Go to the principal’s office”. Guys know it’s not going to be a fun conversation, so they’re already on the defense. If you need to discuss something, just casually bring it up when the both of you are relaxed. Don’t try to talk to him when he’s tired, stressed or trying to watch tv!

9. I HATE YOU! Even if you do, it’s totally uncalled for and un-lady like. If there’s an issue, be mature enough to discuss it when you’re calm. If he’s breaking up with you, reacting with anger may make you feel better temporarily, but it’s best to remain calm and act unfazed. He’ll wonder why you’re so cool about it and that may make him re-think his decision. Always be pleasant during a break up. Do you want to be known as the girl that goes psycho if someone breaks up with her?? I didn’t think so.

10. I DON’T TRUST YOU. What you’re actually saying is, “You need to step up your game, because I can see you’re up to something.” If he is up to something, he’ll just become even sneakier. Better to think smart and act dumb-it’ll be easier to get the evidence you need to confirm your suspicions.

Lucia is a dating and relationship expert, author, lecturer and host of the TV Show "The Art of Love".With over 20 years experience on the relationship market, Lucia has dated men of all nationalities in six cities, four countries and two continents. Her practical know-how makes her the perfect candidate to dispense relationship advice – after all, in almost every dating dilemma she has been there, done that and lived to tell about it.

For more articles or to ask Lucia a question, go to: http://www.theartoflove.net/

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day right back atcha, BBB

Trée said...

:-)

All the best to you sweetbabyk.

Anonymous said...

Great post, and so true. Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

That's some real sound advice.

Happy Valentine's Day

Trée said...

You're welcome Jenni. Happy Valentine's Day. :-)

Trée said...

Deb, I thought the same thing too when I read her list. I think she cuts to the heart of the matter very well, which can be so hard to do when emotions are involved. Happy Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

tell Lucia to go suck on a cucumber.
men suck.
i'm a dating expert.
how's that for advice?

Trée said...

Lisa, you always bring a smile to my face. :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL... see, that's why I date guys - it's just so much simpler when you both know the rules of the game! :-)

Trée said...

Justin, ROTFLMAO. True, so true.

Anonymous said...

Well, you just took all the fun out of sparring with you...
Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Trée said...

Thank you sweetie for the card and all the chocolate. I've eaten most of it. :-)

Anonymous said...

you've eaten most of the card?

Trée said...

Lisa, my dedication knows no bounds. Besides, I needed the ruffage. Is that a word "ruffage"? LOL

Anonymous said...

I love these! I swear this list needs to be given to all teenage girls so they don't screw up their relationships.

Anonymous said...

Wow...there's got to be a female side of this coin.
And WHEN is a man not "tired, stressed or trying to watch tv". I'll tell you when...when he wants some attention. And that's only during the commercial breaks - which they don't have anymore because of TIVO and On Demand TV.

I think Lucia is a guy. I'm not buying into it.

If #4 is real, then who says it first? HIM? Never ever happened. Not in the history of man.

(Yeowch. I think I might be jaded.)

Anonymous said...

What men need to know about women in a relationship. The REAL Answers:

1) WHEN WILL I SEE YOU AGAIN? You better fix a date othewise you're screwed.

2) WHY DIDN"T YOU CALL? You're just being ignorant and you're no gent!

3) WHERE WERE YOU? You stood me up go rot in hell.

4) I LOVE YOU (FIRST) I'm friggin overwhelmed that you didn't ask me to go dutch on our date.

5) DID YOU SLEEP WITH HER? Only, I don't want to catch anything!

6) I'M PREGNANT? And you're responsible for it, too.

7) WHERE IS THIS GOING? Because I'm just getting bored of the blah blah blah.

8) WE NEED TO TALK. Listen up matey, you better get listening and get yer arse in gear and do something about this other wise, i'm outta here!

9) I HATE YOU. Did you need to know anything else?

10) I DON'T TRUST YOU. You're a A class tart!

Leigh has been monumentally dumped on in the past like most people, she don't blah blah about it - she became a therapist and sorted out the male population by giving them female hormone tablets!

*snort* LOL

Big Hugs to everyone on Valentines Day ;-)

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO at Leigh and Justin :0)

hope you had a great VD darlin :0D

(oh and its roughage LOL)

head on over to the bar, drinks are on me :0D

Trée said...

I'm running just as fast as I can, if you're buying that is. Happy Valentine's Day sweetie. Ready to knock a few back? :-)

Trée said...

Leigh, oh my, where did that come from. :-D

Happy Valentine's Day to my dear biker babe with an incredible photographic talent. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ready to knock a few back? :-)


LOL you have no idea :0D

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day Tree!

Y :-)

Trée said...

Aggie, darlin', we need to work on your experiences with men. I'm waiving all fees for the next month. Happy Valentine's Day my dear sweet sexy blogger babe with just the right touch of attitude. You know that's why I love you so. :-)

Trée said...

Happy Valentine's Day Y. :-)

Trée said...

Linny, you were here and I missed you. :-(

How is that possible. I've been waiting for weeks with my bowl of ice cream. Hope you are feeling better tonight.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Where did that come from? Didn't you know I have a devil that sits on my shoulder that likes to create all kinds of havoc? Times I've got in trouble! (Maybe that's a good heading for a blog post *snort*)

Oh so naughtay! heheh.

Big hugs to you. You're cool! ;-)

Anonymous said...

"we need to work on your experiences with men."

Actually, I think I just fell in love with Leigh. I believe she and I have the devil in common. ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, and whomever you hang out with. You have so many GF's I can't figure out, who's,who.

Anonymous said...

How about another question: "Call that 8 inches??"

OK...I'm running away to hide...

Happy Valentine's Day, Tree! :)

Trée said...

Chicky, I've been waiting for months to see your naughtay side. I love it! :-D

There is a reason why I shave. Makes everything look bigger. ;-)

Happy Valentine's Day Chicky. :-)

Trée said...

DJB, I have no idea where all these women come from. Not that I'm complaining you see. :-D

Somehow, I think there is this big club and they all meet and know each other, but they just haven't told me yet. Happy Valentine's Day to you and the misses too.

And a few prayers for our friend.

Trée said...

Aggie, just one more thing we have in common. I'm in love with Leigh too. :-D

She is such a naughtay playful lass and a biker babe too. And she knows how to work a camera with nimble fingers. :-D

Trée said...

Leigh, I now have my new fav word, "naughtay", as in you are abso-f***ing-lutely naughtay! :-D

Trée said...

Oh Trace, I think I have an idea or two. :-D

After further review I think I like ruffage as the preferred spelting. :-D

Anonymous said...

:0)

Anonymous said...

lol, funny!
Opposite in my world :-D.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ A - opposite in your world? That's just cause you are on the other side of the globe... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Those were great, thanks for sharing them. It's hard to figure you men out ;-)

I hope you had a great Valentine's Day. *HUGS*

Trée said...

It was very nice Karen. Thanks for asking. Hope yours was equally enjoyable. :-)

Anonymous said...

I can relate to Lisa's comment very very well. I've had a lot of experience in the "dating world" and if you can't be yourself and have to play games and follow 'certain rules' and the guy does too then what happens, when you let your facade down and the "real you" comes out? Ah people can write book after book about "How to" but everyone is not the same, we are all unique whether women or men. Actually I agree with Bridget Jones Diary in the book where she says "I wonder can self help books really help "onesself"? I also love how married people in such bad relationships(for years) love to lecture single people on what to do act or say "in the single" world. Hey be single for a couple of years then give that kind of advice! Because I tell you "truth", you won't be thinking the same way at all and you will then "expereince" the real reality of "dating and being single". Women chase men now, not the other way around, its a given so majority of men I've met or dated or even had serious relationships with learned to be lazy and even if they do like you "a lot" if another woman comes along kissing his "A" he will go and be with her. Why? Becasue she doesn't make any trouble or stand or speak up for herself...thats why. How sad a one sided relationship and "controlling'..I observe and see it all around me..the women that act desperate or chasing the guys, get the guy, and the guys love it, really get off on it and it strokes their ego...not all of them!..but the ones I've met..its such a different world now. Being vulnerable and flirting have always just come naturally to me, maybe too much, because boy have I gotten myself into trouble and "Hurt" because of it since single. I've learned a lot, since my divorce and how much the single world has changed. Those stupid bachelor "reality" shows make me so sick! Women wake up!Respect yourself but be loving also. If you give yourself away all the time no matter what, your dignity goes down the drain but you got the man!..No thanks, I'm looking for a two way relationship where a man might think with his brain once in a while instead of his you know what? The saying that "women give sex for love, and men give love for sex" I think is pretty true..but it won't last if they do!

Quote from Movie "Somewhere in time","I am not your doormat Mr. Robson, please do not proceed to wipe your boots upon me".

Now I suppose I will get creamed on here for saying this..but well maybe at least one woman might think about what I stated here..if not..no biggie..

Blessings for all,

Rhi

Anonymous said...

AS of 2/14/06 I cancelled V-Day for the whole world...

eV's TOP 5
Top 5 Reasons Why I've Officially Cancelled Valentine's Day for The Whole World, Including the WWW (the web and the wrestlers.) So It Is Written...So Shall It Be!
5. No Honey
4. No Money
3. No Honey with some Money
2. No Money to buy me some Honey
1. No Honey giving away any Money

Trée said...

ev, that's the funniest shiott I've seen in some time. :-D

Always willing to share some virtual honey in these here parts. ;-)