Saturday, July 30, 2005

Marilyn Joins Team Andrax

Marilyn, thanks so much for joining us in this fight against such a terrible disease. We have a fabulous international team with some of the most caring and compassionate souls you will ever meet. Nate's wife Tiffany is fighting this fight as we speak and we rally around her and Nate as Team Andrax's own.

It's also great to have another cyclist join our team, and the fact that you have fought this disease first hand is inspiring. I agree, what Lance has done off the bike, I believe, will outshine his legacy on it. Been wearing my yellow bracelet since before they were a fashion statement and I will probably wear it the rest of my life.

Again, Marilyn, welcome aboard. For our fellow mates, please check out Marilyn's blog Creative Agents of Change, which is incredible and goes under the subtitle of "Stories of people who make the world a better place." Well worth the visit.

Marilyn, we have a very friendly team, so don't be surprised if a few of our team mates drop by and leave you welcome messages.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marilyn

Great to have you aboard the Distributed computing scene.

You have chosen a great bunch of people to crunch with.

Best wishes.

vaio.

Anonymous said...

Marilyn, it is great to see you join the Team!!! :)

JC

Anonymous said...

welcome marilyn!

Anonymous said...

Great to have you crunching with us Marilyn. You really couldnt find a better group of ppl to be with. (is there a echo in here vaio?, lol)
truely great to have you aboard. Heres to finding a cure :)

Anonymous said...

Servus talking here-

Welcome Marilyn- Look foward to tightening cancer's noose with you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I haven't had such a warm welcome anywhere since I showed up at my son's college dorm with a pan of homemade Mud Pie!

I'm thrilled to be part of this team, and it's so great to be able to help find a way to beat this disease that doesn't involve walking 60 miles, riding a century, and mostly, begging everyone I know for money.

It's great to meet all of you!

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

And one more thing -- many blessings to Nate, Tiffany and the family as you walk this journey.

I'll hold space for you in my heart and keep you in my prayers.

Marilyn

Trée said...

Marilyn, we have a great group of mates on our team, many touched by this disease in their immeadiate families, some from a distance. They are some of the most caring, thoughtful, and compassionate folks you will ever meet.

My own father died last November. Cancer had eaten away his stomach and although he died from many causes, the cancer hasten his departure, but more significantly, made his last three months a misery I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Thanks again for joining our team. Andrax, by the way, is a term we coined to mean "the total annihilation of a disease."

:)