Wednesday, November 10, 2010

as you drive home tonight

As you drive home tonight, and the sky dims of night, think of the stars. We know them by darkness, their brilliance, their shine. And we draw the most magical myths from father to son. I remember morning recess as a small boy, maybe second or third grade in the cold courtyard. Standing on blacktop. Wearing khaki, my brown eyes still wet with innocence. I remember looking up into the pale blue sky and seeing a fading star. And I thought then as I remember now, they are still there, watching over me and waiting, till their time, again to shine.

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Stars, lending ancesteral magic throughout the generations. (and the word verification is shine - made me smile).

Trée said...

Jasmine, nice to see you stopping by. Thanks for the comment. :-)