Tuesday, July 22, 2008

532. Ply Me




One moon rose as another fell, warm flesh upon pillow smooth stone. Rimmed in soft light, wedges of horn loosed their grip to patient fingers, empty wool slits, one by one, falling aside as bridesmaids before the groom. Her hair rode shoulders curved in bands taut, her breath but a whisper on the cool breeze. Musk of stone and history hung like vine, the mottled wall behind beaded with humid eyes reflecting garments shed, evidence of youth, cast as cloth beneath the canvas of their unshod twine.

He stood gelding nay, breath twin plumes of desire. Chest broad, proud, his primal heart beat as soldier before shot. Eyes, limpid, glassed in lust, blinked not. It's dangerous, he said with a smile, to look too long, to feel too deep, to open too wide.

The orbit of her head swooned, bathing her soul in his pronunciations, cleansing doubt as she looked a little longer, felt a little deeper, opening her limbs above as below, wide as the smile painted upon her olivaceous skin. She had sailed the nusian seas to delight of eye and mind. Tonight, she rode, holding hair like reins, whipping her stallion into mindless lather, his loins strapping, his hunches strong as plowshares. Ply me, she said. Baby, ply my waters like a ship plies the sea.

He did.

8 comments:

Trée said...

Trev takes Em against an old stone wall in the cool night air. Then again, the way this is written, perhaps it was Em taking Trev. :-D

JRM said...

Oooh yes... Ply me... I like this imagery very much. And I think she has equality in the taking, which makes it all the more delicious.

Trée said...

Twist my arm. Now bend over and show me your wares. Taut that belly. :-D

Autumn Storm said...

Before nusian, there was olivaceous and before olivaceous there was youth validating what was inferred from the aura of this piece. Subtle patterns of tone and language identifying with memories held of other scenes between them. I find that so delightful (she declares with great passion:).
And demonstrative of your command, and the authenticity. From the heart without filtering. Language is lyrical, exquisitely so, for future reference, should the title fall from my memory, I will think of this I can tell you now as the Melua chapter.

ryan field said...

Bravo. This is good.

Trée said...

Thanks Ryan. Kind words always appreciated.

j said...

Indeed.....

:)

Trée said...

Jen, I could do with a little more 'indeed' in my life. :-D